Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3605 Views 46 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2007 9:47 PM by Diane95 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • ElDuderino095 Rookie 190 posts since
    Oct 17, 2005
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Dec 6, 2007 7:10 PM (in response to Diane95)
    Re: Presidential nominee pool

Edwards over Huckabee

Veep: Obama

• ljwoodw Rookie 485 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    16. Dec 6, 2007 7:14 PM (in response to Diane95)

Giuliani/Huckabee over Clinton/Richardson

• cb025 Rookie 140 posts since
    Jun 26, 2006
    17. Dec 6, 2007 7:46 PM (in response to Diane95)

Obama vs. Romney - Obama wins.  VP - Edwards.

• Zapatista Amateur 81 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Dec 6, 2007 8:49 PM (in response to Diane95)

Obama-Richardson over Giuliani-Kay Bailey Hutchison.

• Arrojo070 Amateur 273 posts since
    Apr 4, 2001
    19. Dec 6, 2007 10:09 PM (in response to Diane95)

Clinton vs. Giuliani in the general election.

Giuliani wins.     Hope I'm wrong.  VP will be Huckabee

• BonitaApplebum Rookie 298 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    20. Dec 6, 2007 10:17 PM (in response to Diane95)

A lot of Huckabee love in this thread!

I'll go with Clinton/Romney, with Clinton winning. <br /><br />+I don't really think he's getting the nom, but somebody has to take him, right? +

:: Bonita

• Ripplerun Rookie 222 posts since
    Dec 10, 2002
    22. Dec 7, 2007 10:00 AM (in response to Diane95)

Diane if you don't mind me asking, why do you think Edwards is going to do so well? 

Part of me still suspects that America is not yet ready for a woman or a black President, so I picked Edwards early on but have since changed my mind....due to what the media reports on the polls etc.

• Kawasa Expert 381 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    23. Dec 7, 2007 10:07 AM (in response to Diane95)

Edwards/Obama vs. Huckabee/Chuck Norris

Edwards with the electoral Huckabee with the popular. Ends up at the Supreme Court TBD. I'd say Edwards.

BTW the real repub candidates Guiliani/Huckabee.

• Ripplerun Rookie 222 posts since
    Dec 10, 2002
    25. Dec 7, 2007 10:12 AM (in response to Diane95)

quote:

Originally posted by Diane95:
    * bq. Originally posted by Ripplerun:

Diane if you don't mind me asking, why do you think Edwards is going to do so well?

Part of me still suspects that America is not yet ready for a woman or a black President, so I picked Edwards early on but have since changed my mind....due to what the media reports on the polls etc.

People might dance with a female or black candidate, but they're going home with a white southern man. No question in my mind.

And the love for Huckabee is because he is so absurdly charismatic and down-to-earth, despite his very conservative positions.  People are going to fall for that as soon as they get to know him better. /B

Hmmm...I suspect you might be right.

As for Huckabee....I've already fallen for his beautiful eyes....seriously he has the prettiest eyes!  

• jcumming Amateur 704 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    26. Dec 7, 2007 10:14 AM (in response to Diane95)

If Obama was convinced Hillary was going to lose then he might take the VP spot, but if he thought she was going to win then he likely wouldn't and would need to wait for at least 8 years,

Huckabee would jump at the VP spot. He won't get the nomination and if the Rudy or whoever got whupped he'd be in a good place for 2012.

• offended by everything096 Rookie 30 posts since
    Jan 6, 2005
    28. Dec 7, 2007 10:34 AM (in response to Diane95)

quote:

Originally posted by Diane95:

People might dance with a female or black candidate, but they're going home with a white southern man. No question in my mind.

John Edwards?

The same white, southern man who voted for the Iraq war, voted for the Patriot Act, voted for NCLB, voted for liberalized trade with China, and voted for storing nuclear waste in Yucca Mountain? He certainly sounds like a white, southern man to me but have you caught his act lately? Quite the remarkable transformation in such a short amount of time...

I'm guessing that folks tolerance for evolving positions on legislative matters hinges primarily on whether the new positions align with those same folks. Otherwise it's flippity flop for you...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...