Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

10067 Views 67 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2008 3:08 PM by teacherjen Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • ussoccer Rookie 1,412 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Dec 22, 2007 1:34 PM (in response to mbannon)
    Re: CoolRunners getting LIT?

TriAndStopMe wrote:

Also, I'd been thinking "Lost in Transition" could be the start of a fun name for our little group (if we ever have a need or desire tomove away from a CR-related name). Seems like Lost In Transition could be good fodder for a logo...and it'd like be a nice pre-race conversation starter.

mbannon wrote:

Brilliant!

I thought the very same thing!

• hobey014 Rookie 887 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    31. Dec 22, 2007 3:37 PM (in response to TriAndStopMe)
    TriAndStopMe wrote:

Also, I'd been thinking "Lost in Transition" could be the start of a fun name for our little group (if we ever have a need or desire tomove away from a CR-related name).  Seems like Lost In Transition could be good fodder for a logo...and it'd like be a nice pre-race conversation starter.

Awesome! I LOVE that idea!

We still need a slick logo. Anyone up for creating one?

• ussoccer Rookie 1,412 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    32. Dec 22, 2007 6:11 PM (in response to hobey014)

hobey014 wrote:
    TriAndStopMe wrote:

Also, I'd been thinking "Lost in Transition" could be the start of a fun name for our little group (if we ever have a need or desire tomove away from a CR-related name). Seems like Lost In Transition could be good fodder for a logo...and it'd like be a nice pre-race conversation starter.

Awesome! I LOVE that idea!

We still need a slick logo. Anyone up for creating one?

Just tonight the Ironmate said she was still thinking about designing something for us. She said rather explicitly, "It's hard to come up with something that hasn't been done before. You want something that pops, that shows you are mutlisport athletes, that isn't like the others. That's the hard party. If you only had a name..."

Whether she designs something or not, or whether somebody else designs something, maybe our logo follows much like one for a business, and that is that the name we go by further identifies us. So what do we call ourselves? Cool Multisporters? Cool Tri'rs? Something else? Cool? No Cool? Because maybe a logo will follow from there.

Regardless, the Ironmate is thinking about ideas, and she said she'd do research to see what's out there so that what we have isn't like the others but is unique yet simple and catchy. Just might be a while. So if somebody else beats her to it, that's okay. But in the meantime, maybe we can help her out by coming up with a title.

As for me, I'd LOVE for us to form a more official team. And then get uniforms. I'd be honored to race with you all. Wearing our colors. Our uniforms. Racing together. Kicking arse all over the land.

• Caffeinated Rookie 195 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    33. Dec 22, 2007 6:20 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

Hi folks! I guess I'm not the only one to drop out for a while. I have been focusing on other training for the last several weeks. I will be spending more time around though as I start ramping up for next year.

Hope everyone else comes back.

Steve

• Active Fred Rookie 11 posts since
    Dec 22, 2007
    34. Dec 22, 2007 6:24 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

I am back also! 

As a side note, my son has to keep a holiday journal for Kindergarten, he did not wish to do so.  I suggested that we wait until the snow melts a little and make a map/grph of all the dog poop we find in the back yard, he is all for the idea.  I call that individualized instruction.

• jenotter Rookie 71 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    35. Dec 22, 2007 7:34 PM (in response to Active Fred)

Ack! What happened to the forums I knew and loved????

I'm here...just trying to figure out how to use all this new stuff. What's the verdict? Is this better? Worse?

• IrishSailsman Rookie 197 posts since
    Nov 18, 2007
    36. Dec 22, 2007 7:41 PM (in response to jenotter)

Yes

• runnerbee Rookie 101 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    37. Dec 22, 2007 9:18 PM (in response to IrishSailsman)

its fascinating what happens each time I log in.  Its a new journey and one I dont' have the spare time for just now so I'm not sure you'll see me much but I'll try from time to time!

• jenotter Rookie 71 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    38. Dec 23, 2007 7:33 AM (in response to IrishSailsman)

IrishSailsman wrote:

Yes

LOL! Ok...fair enough.

• runnerbee Rookie 101 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    39. Dec 23, 2007 12:25 PM (in response to jenotter)

OT here, JO, I saw your namesake in the ocean this week.  The ocean is chilly early this year, the abalone populaiton and the kelp forest are growing, maybe that explains what a sea otter was doing all the way down here but perhaps you shoudl get in  and direct him north!

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    40. Dec 23, 2007 7:59 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

What about Adam/NMIronman?  Has he surfaced over here yet?

The whole active transition sure threw a wrench in the December miles challenge.  Too bad, it was a good idea.  Maybe it can be resurrected.

• Silly Sally087 Rookie 1,185 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    41. Dec 23, 2007 10:29 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

Ahem ... I was just telling it like it is.  My whole Montreal running group has left Active for Kickrunning and we were the busiest thread in Neighbourhood.  It was my worried runner friend who hinted to me about someone starting a Multisport thread on that site (which I haven't done).

I, like many others, do not like this site and find it a lot less user-friendly and too full of glitches at this point, but I am not about to abandon my little MS family.  Admittedly, I will be visiting less often since it's much more difficult to access and I hate the format.  I will miss you all and maybe it'll settle down in a little while and they will be able to work out the bugs.  Then I will visit more often.  Until then, I will be concentrating on the new charity team I and five friends have created, Operation Triumph, now officially recognized by the Canadian Cancer Society, and also on getting through the next step with my mother who has cancer, as well as kicking my butt into high gear as I don't have much time left to train for IM.

LRR, I admire your effort and positivity in trying to make Active work, so thank you and good luck.

Sally

• mmoonhead Rookie 432 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    42. Dec 24, 2007 10:48 AM (in response to Silly Sally087)

Before CR became this CR/Active mashup, my other main group I corresponded with from CR as a group decided to transition to another site (the same one as Sally mentioned, FWIW.)   When the move was agreed upon by the group, I was concerned with leaving people behind myself and personally I had no issues with the CR forum setup other than the utter slowness it crept to during peak times.  However, the word got out to everyone eventually, and we found the new forum is something that we're a lot happier with, especially compared to the current setup.

Whatever you think of the various forums, LRR's goal is the commendable one and what's important - keeping what is a really tight-knit community, something that I have started to come to know myself slowly but surely, together.   At this point, trying to get everyone accounted for should be the main goal, which seems to be happening with this thread.  Once that happens, maybe talk of a new gathering place can be discussed, and if that's what's agreed upon, all the precautions preventing people from gaining LIT status can be implemented.  

Or if this forum gets its act together and proves acceptable to old and new posters alike, a new forum might not be needed in the long run.  Only time will tell, as the cliche goes.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    43. Dec 25, 2007 3:05 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

Forgive my Inability to pay attention or read directions

but who is still lost?

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    44. Dec 25, 2007 3:08 PM (in response to Silly Sally087)

Thanks for the heads-up on Kick, Sally.  It sounds like they've won over a good poriton of the CR crowd and that they'll have a log soon.  RunningAhead seems to be the other popular alternative.  I figure we may as well at least wait until Kick's log is up and running before seeing if we want to organize a mass exodus.  Maybe by then Active will have improved the overall look, feel, and workability of this site.  Though I'm growing less optimistic every time I try to post and have to attemp to log in several times before it "takes." 

I'm also not thrilled about hearing that Active may have a clause in their terms and conditions that says we agree that all our posts become their intellectual property.  I haven't managed to dig the direct quote up, yet.  But, if it's true, that would likely be enough to have me lobbying for a move elsewhere.  And I'd love it if the "elsewhere" ended up being a place with lots of other friendly, non-MS Cool Runners.

Has IMGomie surfaced, yet?  I think she'd mostly been hanging out in the Clubhouse before the big move.  Haven't spotted her here, yet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...