Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

810 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2007 6:04 PM by Jenne
Long Run Nick Amateur 277 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2007 5:22 PM

Long Run Nick: Goal: Run faster marathon than 30 yrs ago. Results:DNF

Hi Newbies, I report this just so you know that folks with over 30 yrs of running and competing can have bad days. This was my third DNF in over 400 races. I knew at mile 2 of my 26 mile journey to run under a 3:58 was not in the cards. I would have dropped out sooner than 17 miles but the race (Rocket City Marathon) didn't have great suport for runners having a bad day.

Yesterday, I was bummed. I had trained great/had tapered and felt ready. Didn't happen. Today I am re-energized and plan on doing what I set out to do yesterday in February at the Tallahassee Marathon.<br /><br />Thanks for letting me share. I hope the lesson for you folks is that we can have bad run/race dayseven when we train and run on goal pace. Nick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...