Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

5685 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2009 6:53 PM by Therealpianoman
Zack W Amateur 28 posts since
Dec 7, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2007 9:45 AM

Men's Lacrosse Sticks - Help

I need to buy a men's lacrosse stick as a gift this Christmas and am not really sure where to start. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Dec 10, 2007 11:27 AM (in response to Zack W)
    Re: Men's Lacrosse Sticks - Help

I play women's lacrosse, but I work in the South Swell lacrosse store here in San Diego and have a pretty good idea. So here is what I think...

There are several good companies making men's heads and shafts, but I would recommend sticking to one brand. Sometimes if you cross shafts and head brands, you often have to drill a new hole in order for the two to fit together properly. I think Warrior is the best brand for both heads and shafts and for all ages, skill levels, and positions on the field.

In terms of the actual heads – The Evolution, it’s light, the ball comes out quick, easy to scoop up ground balls. The Evo tends to bend easily and a lot of guys use that stick also.  The Razor is also a popular head among the guys and we sell a lot of those.

In terms of shafts – Warrior shafts have a lot of variety, from tougher, heavier shafts to the lightest styles. The Kryptolite Series is great and highly recommend those shafts which vary from beginner to pro. Also, the Warrior Titan Series is another option.

I can give you more suggestions if needed. Also, a local lacrosse specific store will be able to guide you in the right direction if there is one in your area.

Lacrosse Gear and Equipment Sites:

Lacrosse Monkey

Lacrosse Unlimited

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    2. May 5, 2008 5:28 PM (in response to saraallent)

A recent article from Inside Lacrosse, Peter Jacobs' Weapon of Choice , goes through one of the NLL's finest players choice in head, pocket, shooting strings, shaft and tape.

• Therealpianoman Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 8, 2009
    3. Mar 8, 2009 6:53 PM (in response to Zack W)

RBK 7K with blister grip.

just got mine a couple months ago.light yet strong handle with an awesome feel and it just looks sick.

my whole team kept asking me if they could hold it. Which got annoying. But well worth the annoyance. lol.

go to lacrossemonkey.com to get one. good price.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points