Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

17428 Views 101 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2007 11:32 AM by jjmoore033 RSS 1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next
dannel071 Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 15, 2007 7:10 PM

so where do I find my Cool Running log?

So where do I now find my cool running log data?

• amymoose Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Dec 15, 2007 7:54 PM (in response to dannel071)
    Re: so where do I find my Cool Running log?

Just wondering that myself!

• Fast Edison Rookie 24 posts since
    Oct 14, 2007
    2. Dec 15, 2007 8:15 PM (in response to amymoose)

you have to go to active trainer.  its garbage.  i miss cool running!  looks like its time to head over to runners world

• GOTR Megan Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 8, 2007
    3. Dec 15, 2007 8:58 PM (in response to dannel071)

Yeah... me, too. I followed the directions, but I never arrive at a Merge Data option, and I find no such thing in the My Account section, either. Most disappointingly, I tried to contact the helpdesk only to learn they're not there on the weekend. I think my log is long gone. Bah humbug.

Maybe it's time to switch to MapMyRun.... anyone had experience using it?

• huskydon Legend 313 posts since
    Oct 19, 2007
    4. Dec 15, 2007 10:17 PM (in response to GOTR Megan)

I am confused. When I go to active trainer to try to set up my free online training log, it says my email address and user name is already taken.   It is already taken by me.   So, where is my data? 

I also notice that I have to pay extra to log the mileage for my shoes now?  Sorry, that doesn't seem like an upgrade to me.

huskydon

• flutable Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    5. Dec 16, 2007 12:57 AM (in response to huskydon)

I managed to get in - somehow - after having to log in about three times. Active trainer does have mapping, but it's very very basic compared with mapmyrun - you can't move points once you've plotted them, for example.

I did think that the data would have been migrated already, but I was presented with a few buttons to click that told me the data would take another 24 hours to migrate. I don't know why the database people just didn't migrate everything instead of making us all wait another day!

Edit: Huskydon, is that true? You have to PAY to log your shoe mileage? That's bollocks! The older interface was nice and simple and IT JUST WORKED. I'm a bit annoyed that I'll no longer have access to my shoe data.

Apart from MapMyRun (I haven't used their log, only their mapping functions. My routes in Canberra, Australia, for example.) are there any other web services that offer logging?

• CageyUK Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Dec 16, 2007 1:40 AM (in response to huskydon)

Log in as an existing user.  Button is in the top right hand corner of the page.

The site is very slow and I too miss Cool Running.

• debrunner Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 10, 2007
    7. Dec 16, 2007 2:52 AM (in response to dannel071)

I thought this was supposed to be so much better? This is awful. I thought all my data was supposed to be transferred already but no. why do I have the feeling it has vanished. The thing I liked about coolrunning was the simple easy to use log no bells no whistles just run and log it in. This is crap. I have tried other online running logs and stuck with coolrunning because they weren't doing all that fancy BS. ARGH!!!! I don't want a mapping thing, I don't want to have to click 500 buttons to log my run in. WTF?!?!

• oguzkesimli Amateur 78 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Dec 16, 2007 3:39 AM (in response to debrunner)

I found my Cool Running log. My daily average HR data  seem to be lost during migration. It is not an upgrading.

• CarsonW Rookie 56 posts since
    Nov 16, 2007
    9. Dec 16, 2007 3:59 AM (in response to dannel071)
    Upgrade? You call this an UPGRADE??

This is the worst "upgrade" I have ever experienced. These people want me to pay $10 a month to have access to all the routes that I took the time to map out and enter myself? I'm sorry, but that just isn't going to happen. Not to mention, the interface is horrendous. I used to be able to add a workout on one page with on click. Now I have to traverse a minimum of three excruciatingly slow pages to add a workout? This a NOT an upgrade. We really had the fleece pulled over our eyes on this one. And, to add insult to injury, I have to wait 24 hours for my workout data to be ported over to see if I even have the option to export it so I can move it somewhere else. I am sick to my stomach thinking that I might lose a couple years worth of data.

I am angry and disappointed, Active. If you want me as a paying customer, maybe you should treat me with a little more respect.

• Nimages Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 5, 2007
    10. Dec 16, 2007 4:14 AM (in response to dannel071)

I too thought that the data had been transfered. It does look like you have to pay to track your shoes........this is bs! Give me my cool running log back active!

• mahanska Rookie 40 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    11. Dec 16, 2007 4:16 AM (in response to dannel071)

Yep, I really hope that the last 4 years of my running hasn't vanished.  I loved the Cool Running log.  It was perfect.  This was done for profit motive?  My prediction is that everyone will go somewhere else for logging their running.

How dissapointing this is. :_| 

• Lee4545 Rookie 25 posts since
    Aug 27, 2007
    12. Dec 16, 2007 4:35 AM (in response to dannel071)

this is horrendous and very disappointing. I used coolrunning to log all types of activities: swimming, running, surfing, etc ...the calendar sucks so bad and is so cheap looking.

The great part about coolrunning was how easy it was to input various activities and then get easily viwable daily/weekly/ monthly totals for Total time ,distance and avg. pace.

I just entered a swim workout and the log is ridiculous and does not compute the pace per mile correctly. They did this whole thing *** backwards. And made it as user un-friendly as possible.

Where is any customization at all. This sucks so bad. I miss my coolrunning.com.

Active.com really messed this up. By trying to sell us on training/ triathlon bs they have ruining the best exercise log on the Net.

• Lee4545 Rookie 25 posts since
    Aug 27, 2007
    13. Dec 16, 2007 5:22 AM (in response to mahanska)

"My prediction is that everyone will go somewhere else for logging their running.

How dissapointing this is. "

Any idea people where we can find the next best system to log various exercises in easily customized way???? now that our  beloved coolrunning.com has been raped and pillaged.

• Ella047 Rookie 345 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    14. Dec 16, 2007 4:32 AM (in response to dannel071)

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to add different sports in the log?  Or are you just stuck with the options they've deigned to include?  Most of my training is paddling of one kind or another, and so far, none of that has transferred from my CR log - just swimming and running.  Not at all impressed with the new format.

Ella

1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...