Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3131 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2008 6:31 PM by livefree
tdelafe Rookie 44 posts since
Sep 14, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 26, 2007 9:33 PM

Which vitamins are best for runners?

I've done some research on this and found some really conflicting information so I'd like to hear some personal testimony. Do you take vitamins, and if so, which ones? I tend to prefer to get my vitamins from my food, which is pretty balanced and healthy but lately I've felt I've been lacking a bit in energy. One  doctor said I MUST be taking magnesium and calcium for muscle "contraction and release" (???) and other things I read say taking vitamins is the same as literally peeing your money away and have no empirical evidence of improving performance. I'm training for my first marathon and today just bought some magnesium, calcium, zinc and potassium. Anyone taking these or other vitamins and if so, how have they impacted your performance in distance running?

----

Not all who wander are lost.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...