Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

8670 Views 28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2010 8:03 AM by Achmed1 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
tungniweliv Rookie 21 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 17, 2007 1:53 PM

is it true that abortion = murder

of course it is!

• Was PeterP Rookie 20 posts since
    Nov 29, 2007
    1. Dec 17, 2007 1:54 PM (in response to tungniweliv)
    Re: is it true that abortion = murder

Think we can slip some pix of aborted fetuses past the moderator?

• Arrojo Rookie 78 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    2. Dec 17, 2007 1:58 PM (in response to tungniweliv)

tungniweliv wrote:

of course it is!

Is not

• Wilco Community Moderator 58 posts since
    Jul 8, 2007
    3. Dec 17, 2007 1:58 PM (in response to Was PeterP)

Doubtful.

• dg12 Amateur 76 posts since
    Jul 12, 2007
    4. Jul 23, 2008 7:54 AM (in response to tungniweliv)

Pagans have no regard for human life, calling the babies fetuses, blobs and not created beings. God teaches us absolutes!

"if men struggle with each other and strike a woman (induce labor) with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life." (Exodus 21:22-23)

(Amo 1:13) So says Jehovah: For three transgressions of the sons of Ammon, yea for four, I will not turn away +from +it. Because they have _ripped up the pregnant _women of Gilead, to make their own border larger.(Mat 18:6) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and +that +he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 

How's that for your image of a mamby - pamby Jesus? Pick on people your own size!

• brethelm Rookie 29 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Jul 23, 2008 8:16 AM (in response to tungniweliv)

The question is moot.  It's the only form of murder sanctioned by the US Supreme Court.

• Jim Sullivan032 Rookie 504 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Jul 23, 2008 1:00 PM (in response to tungniweliv)

Just sayin'. Well, I wasn't really sayin' per se, but you know what I mean.

• Apocalypte Rookie 61 posts since
    Aug 4, 2008
    7. Aug 14, 2008 4:19 PM (in response to Jim Sullivan032)

Abortion != murder

Murder would imply that a sentient human being was being killed - when abortion is only removing a blob of cells which is incapable of surviving outside the womb.

My couch - 15 Jul 2008

Dublin Marathon - 26 October 2009

• aj01 Pro 143 posts since
    Jul 8, 2008
    8. Aug 14, 2008 10:41 PM (in response to tungniweliv)

Abortion is murder.  There are many angles to this arguement.  As a Christian, I can use the Bible to prove my point although if I'm arguing with someone who isn't a Christian and doesn't believe the Bible, then my arguement has no basis to that person.  From a strictly logical standpoint I would challenge a pro-abortion person to explain when a fetus becomes a person and is no longer a non-human.  Some would say when the child can survive on their own.  I would say that many adults would have a hard time living in isolation for any length of time much less a baby.  Some would give a certain time frame but that could be argued.  What about a premature baby and the great lengths doctors go in order to save their lives?  There is too much that could be discussed here but if a person would think about it long enough, the only logical conclusion is that once life is formed in the womb, it is a human life and therefore abortion is murder in a selfish attempt to avoid responsibility, no matter how one tries to justify it.

• Jim Sullivan032 Rookie 504 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Aug 15, 2008 9:57 AM (in response to aj01)

aj01 wrote:

As a Christian, I can use the Bible to prove my point although if I'm arguing with someone who isn't a Christian and doesn't believe the Bible, then my arguement has no basis to that person.

While I often find this subject framed in religious terms, it doesn't appear to me that faith is really much of an issue here.

People of all faiths seem to agree, as well as those of no faith, that it's wrong to kill an innocent person, so the debate isn't about whether killing is wrong; it's about whether a fetus is a person, and I don't see that religion or science has an answer to that question.

Also, public opinion doesn't seem to suggest that people find the answer to this question in Christianity, or any other religion. The data shows that the opinions of Christians on the legality of abortion are pretty similar to the public overall.  This itself doesn't make the pro-choice majority right and the pro-life minority wrong, but it does show that one's faith is not the only criterion for judging this matter.

• crgoode Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 1, 1998
    10. Jan 7, 2009 7:03 PM (in response to tungniweliv)

of course abortion isn't murder! Murder is illegally taking one's life, abortion is legal, ergo it isn't murder.

• Prosopis Rookie 157 posts since
    Jan 4, 2009
    11. Jan 7, 2009 7:11 PM (in response to tungniweliv)

Yes abortion is absolutely murder. This reminds me the walk for life is coming up soon. Awesome

• EIgirl Community Moderator 395 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    12. Jan 30, 2009 5:26 PM (in response to Prosopis)

No.  Abortion is a choice you make about something happening to your body.  People can view pregnancy in different ways.  For some it's joyous, for others, not so much.

Abortion = control.  Murder is rarely a controlled act.  Murder is not something most people are capable of doing.  Murder is usually irrational and not planned out.   I don't care who you are or what your beliefs are you have to respect a peron's right to choose and womens' right to choose and if you don't ignorance=stupid.

Jan 4, 2009
    13. Jan 31, 2009 7:25 AM (in response to EIgirl)

I am all for choice over your body. If you want to dye your hair,pierce your ears,cut your finger off etc. go for it. With abortion you are making a decision for another human. You are deciding to stick a needle in its skull and sucking its brains out. Worse is you have decided to do this to the most defenseless. Do not try to pretend getting an abortion is the same as deciding to get a tatoo. Very sad.

Jan 4, 2009
    14. Jan 31, 2009 4:19 PM (in response to EIgirl)

Perhaps the questioner means what kinds of abortions are there? When the police or Navy special-ops decide that it is too dangerous to go into a building in a certain fashion, the squad leader will say, "Abort! Abort!"  That word means the mission will not be carried out and one must stop any and all activity that would begin the mission. So in some way, to abort a fetus, or an embryo or what looks like either one of them is to stop his or her life from existing.  This is just another way of saying, "I will have them killed before they are born into this world."  One might say that when the intention is to directly kill the fetus or embryo for good reasons, or bad reasons, it is always a type of unjust killing of an innocent human being, and therefore is a murder.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...