Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

796 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2007 2:20 PM by coloradolora
coloradolora Rookie 10 posts since
Nov 25, 2005
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2007 2:20 PM

Hip arthroscopy surgery HELP

Hello any runners!
I’m desperately trying to find an old posting on the subject of hip arthroscopy regarding hip-flexor tears. There were a few of you out there, pre and post surgery, and I’m having a lot of trouble finding folks to share their experiences. Briefly, I’m scheduled with a top surgeon, Dr. Phillipon at the Steadman Hawkins clinic. The surgery is a bigger deal than I thought and now I have folks (not necessarily medical) who are suggesting I wouldn’t be able to count on distance running even with this procedure—that’s the goal of it. It’s expensive and I’m guessing I’ll be fighting insurance. I know those of you posting were running again? My surgery will involved two procedures for the labral tear and ‘trimming’ the bone that’s likely catching on the tendon.

Additionally, this post-op PT sounds very intense and well—expensive. I’m to stay there for four days and then return home with this “passive motion machine” that I’m directed to use for FOUR hours every night for three weeks?? I haven’t heard others discuss this at all.

ANYONE who has had this, or knows someone, or any advice—it would be so much appreciated. I’m scheduled in a cancellation slot that’s coming up soon. And now I’m not sure what to do. Without the procedure I would never run more than a recreational four miles. My life was distance running. Thoughts? Again, thank you all so much. ~Laura
...I'm insane. ~Laura

[http://This message has been edited by coloradolora (edited Jan-15-2007).|http://This message has been edited by coloradolora (edited Jan-15-2007).]

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...