Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

610 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2007 11:27 AM by 4boysmom RSS
rlwiggins227 Rookie 8 posts since
Oct 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 3, 2007 11:07 AM

Glucosamine & ITBS

Does glucosamine help w/ ITBS?  If so, what amount should be taken daily?  Thanks!

• 4boysmom Rookie 1,018 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 3, 2007 11:27 AM (in response to rlwiggins227)
    Re: Glucosamine & ITBS

From what I understand, glucosimine is for joints.  Not sure that it would help ITBS.

If you are oging to take it, go for the 'good' stuff. Because it is a suppliment, they only have to prove that it isn't harmful. So the store brand probably isn't going to be the best... My dog was on it for awhile, and since it is a veterinary product, it's regulated by the USDA, not the FDA. So the veterinary product is a much more pure product.

When I was taking it I got it from AmeriScience.  My BIL is a doctor and has seen good results both with himself and his clients.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...