Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3771 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2008 1:26 PM by culinarydoctor
culinarydoctor Expert 77 posts since
Oct 31, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 20, 2007 9:17 PM

Fitness Mixtapes

Yo.  I will be teaching some exercise classes at the University of San Diego starting in February of next year.  When brainstorming for program content, I always consider what music to play.  Music can be an important catalyst for group fitness and I want the mixtapes to be on point.  As a turntablest, one of the reasons I was drawn to a career as a personal trainer was the opportunity to utilize my DJ skills.  I have some ideas that I will eventually melt together and record, but I wanted to spark up this conversation on Active.com because most everybody has an iPod now, which means you are all DJs too.  What's on your workout playlist(s)?  Any song that really motivates you at the gym? 

Lately I have been hitting the high intensity training with the following playlist, or similar derivation thereof:

"Red Alert" by Basement Jaxx

"I Like It" by Narcotic Thurst

"Victorious" by Tiesto

"Be Still (J-Jay's Shifted Up Mix)" by Kaskade

"Raindrops" by Stunt

"Don't Stop (Sash Remix)" by ATB

"You're Not Alone" by ATB

"Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas

"State of the Union" by Thievery Corporation

"Summer Madness" by Kool and the Gang

"Leo Delibes - Flower Duet" by Maria Calles

"Claire De Lune" by Claude Debussy

The mix slows down after 30-40 minutes and ends with some non percussive instrumental to help facilitate deep stretching.  This is a very electronic / techno / house what have you type of power mix, and for the classes next year I will incorporate a little more pop music.  anyhow...

What say yee?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points