Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3437 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2007 10:15 AM by tri_coach06 1 2 Previous Next
Chris the Wheeler Rookie 70 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2007 3:41 PM

So, are you multi-sporters staying here?

So far I think that Active's "new and improved" forums are kinda lame. We won't even talk about their facist sensorship of words. 

I've got a lot of good advice for my first and upcoming Tris from those here in the multisoprt thread. Are people staying here?  Going to a different Multi-sport forum? If so, where? got any links?

Cheers, Chris

On-On

• mbannon Rookie 1,542 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Dec 26, 2007 3:57 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)
    Re: So, are you multi-sporters staying here?

I think the general consensus at this point is "let's wait and see what happens."  Most folks realize that if we abandon ship, we won't all land on the same island.  In the interest of sticking together, we're hanging out here for a while.  If Active can get their **** together and fix the login issues that would resolve 80-90% of the complaints.  After that it's mostly look & feel stuff.

I'm actually getting used to these ******* stars - kinda fun!

• tithers Rookie 1,259 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    2. Dec 26, 2007 4:02 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

I'm staying so far...all the "regulars" are here.

But...a lot of CH folks are venturing to kickrunners.com

Put me down for a referral...it let's me personalize my "ranking" I need 3 more.

No good MS forum there...but the VRAA is a ton of fun and motivates me and the Post Race Tent-AKA-PRT is where I hang there.

Chris-I know you're already signed up over there.

Does this mean I should venture into slowtwitch?

• jroden Rookie 1,350 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    4. Dec 26, 2007 5:23 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

I'm staying, I don't give a rat's *** if they want to censor the **** that I write, it's utter dog **** anyways so who the **** cares.

• chrisuletz Rookie 467 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Dec 26, 2007 6:15 PM (in response to jroden)

I gues I'm staying. I'm more interested in the content than in the form. So if my imaginary friends with their great advice are here, I have to learn to live with the presentation... What good would be if I go to the perfect forum, if nobody would answer my questions there?

• VictorN Rookie 395 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Dec 26, 2007 6:20 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

I'm also staying, at least for now, even though only a few hundred of my 1500 posts seem to have made it over from CR.  The biggest pain to me is having to constantly log in.  I know I have decided to not respond to some threads just because I was short on time and didn't want to bother logging in.  So it means I post less frequently than in the past.

I think there are good alternatives to the running forums (runnningahead and kickrunning) but I haven't found an alternative to the CR MS forum.  There is always slowtwitch, but although I do post there as well, it isn't the same as this forum.

Victor

• kimber45caliber@yahoo.com Rookie 175 posts since
    Oct 20, 2007
    7. Dec 26, 2007 6:33 PM (in response to VictorN)

Wow.  I didn't have to log in again.  That's pretty weird.  I'm staying.  The RA people aren't too happy about former CR's keeping their own groups.  They want us to assimilate.  They can be downright hostile.  I'd rather face a known enemy and then a foreign one.  At least I know the problems with Active and the personalities here.  It's uncharted water for me over at RA.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Dec 26, 2007 6:43 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

i'm staying. it's way too much work for me to figure out another site

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    9. Dec 26, 2007 7:55 PM (in response to VictorN)
    VictorN wrote:

I'm also staying, at least for now, even though only a few hundred of my 1500 posts seem to have made it over from CR.  The biggest pain to me is having to constantly log in.  I know I have decided to not respond to some threads just because I was short on time and didn't want to bother logging in.  So it means I post less frequently than in the past.

I think there are good alternatives to the running forums (runnningahead and kickrunning) but I haven't found an alternative to the CR MS forum.  There is always slowtwitch, but although I do post there as well, it isn't the same as this forum.

Victor

I know I also post less because of the log in hassles.  (I also post less because of a new job, but the buggy log in is real deterrent).  I suspect we could convince the Kickrunners and/or running ahead folks to make a little multisport place for us to hang out.  My instinct is to hang out here long enough to see if Active is going to make any improvements and to get everyone gathered in one place.  Then, if we do decide to make a switch, hopefully we could do it in one coordinated group move.  The group is definitely why I'm here.  But the poor interface and log in hassles are a real problem for me. 

By comparison, I went to Kick the other day for the first time since back in August when we first got wind of the coming merger.  Kick recognized me instantly.  No need to log in.  And that's even with a complete hard drive replacement in the interim.

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    10. Dec 26, 2007 8:00 PM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

Chris -

Are the Club House folks making a coordinated move anywhere in particular?

Barb

• jkaiser20 Rookie 73 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    11. Dec 27, 2007 2:07 AM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

First sign that there is a better place that folks are heading to, I am moving the **** out of this piece of **** place.

I must admit though, that I was impressed with the video uploading I did yesterday. If the log-in procedure (I will call it procedure, because it fucking works, it just ain't no fucking good) is changed, then there is some chance for it. Then it would just be a matter of asking for some tweaks.

Important thing is for us to communicate with eachother, and stay together.

• LeftRightRepeat Pro 1,452 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    12. Dec 27, 2007 3:16 AM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

I don't give a **** about the asterisks. I'm fucking staying. (At least for now.)

• TheProFromDover Amateur 28 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    13. Dec 27, 2007 5:41 AM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

Hey LRR!  How's it going? I understand you are being patient here, but it's tough working in active.  I just had to log in twice, and then negociate my way back here to reply to you.  I'll check in here and there. 

Now here's my problem.  I see mentions of Kickrunners here and there.  I want to support you and others that would like to make Active work.  At the same time, IF people are out kicking the tires so to speak.  Check out RunningAHEAD, everyone loves the log.  The interface seems the best of the three.  There are two landing spots or we could create one.  I'd ask the website to creat a multisport so we would not appear to be isolating ourselves (more is better).  But it's not that busy.  So I'd say go as group or don't go.  If I were buying stocks though, I'd be looking at this as a sleeper.

I will check in here and htere and just monitor the situation.  Regards.

Craig

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/trirunners/Forum

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/forum/48a1f147233842f4bb4f282c6612dc27

• LookiLoo Rookie 247 posts since
    Feb 3, 2006
    14. Dec 27, 2007 6:12 AM (in response to Chris the Wheeler)

I'm hanging out just to see where everyone ends up - this is such a supportive group with great information, I hate to see it all fall apart because of a ****** format.  I've been lurking around on kick and run ahead just to see who's around, but it's a lot quieter over there.   I need busy threads    I still don't like the log in process here, and for some reason I still have trouble finding my way back to the forum after I actually do log in.  Oh, and I'm really annoyed with the smileys - good smileys are important to me    So, I'm waiting for the dust to settle to see where everyone lands, and that will be my home.

Heidi

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...