Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4201 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2008 1:30 PM by Heather H. 1 2 Previous Next
mbannon Rookie 1,542 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2007 11:40 AM

Get anything good (and tri-related) for Christmas?

I got a nice thick UnderArmour shirt (which I think I might actually exchange for one that's not so warm) and a timing chip strap.  No more ankle-biting plastic straps for me!

Also got a couple ginormous wine books and the book "On Food & Cooking" - holy smokes, that thing will take years to read!

• ericd256 Legend 442 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    1. Dec 26, 2007 12:00 PM (in response to mbannon)
    Re: Get anything good (and tri-related) for Christmas?

I got a halo headband, a running journal,100.00 worth of  itunes from coworkers, half marathon training plan with a  coach for my 1st half marathon in April .Training starts  jan 19th.

• tithers Rookie 1,259 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    2. Dec 26, 2007 1:24 PM (in response to mbannon)

I guess you can count my dad's payment of my IMLP community fund slot.

Mr. T didn't get me anything sports related. He got me anti-sports stuff.

He bought me candy. You think he's trying to fatten me up more?

• ericd256 Legend 442 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    3. Dec 26, 2007 1:43 PM (in response to mbannon)

Tithers my daughter bought me candy too!!!

She said dad i know you are dieting  but you should take a break and eat these.

She  gave me 2 packages of  peanut butter cups.  I  am thinking about just having 1 bad day

versus a week of nibling.

• ussoccer Rookie 1,412 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    4. Dec 26, 2007 1:47 PM (in response to mbannon)

Funny... Tithers gets non-sports stuff for Christmas and thinks it (not receiving any Tri-geek wear) just might be a message about her new-found passion, while I recieve nothing but running and triathlon things and don't need to guess what the message is because the Ironmate says, "We need to get your butt out there. I get my best sleep when you finally get out of the bed. And while you're at it, work your butt off and make some money at this." We both know I will never make any money at it, but the message is she'd rather have me focused on something as opposed to killing her sleep or getting in her face. Me thinks it's a win-win. So does she. We'll see what happens after LRR marries us

I got a boat load of SmartWool gear -- few base layers, hat, several pairs of socks. The Ironmate knows I LOVE SmartWool socks and she worries about me getting too cold. "December has been brutal," she said. "We need to make sure you're warm." Plus, having worked at Timberland, a company who now owns SmartWool, she gets a 60% off SmartWool products for a while longer.

Also got my very first Spinnerval DVD. Two of them, in fact. One is a 5 hour Indoor Century ride, a 3-disk set. And the other is a brand new Ironman Lake Placid course recon. Cool stuff, eh.

Santa brought me an attempt at running mittens but they're more like winter gloves.

Miraculously, Santa also brought me a pint bottle of Fullers London Pride, Fullers ESB, and another Fullers Porter. The Ironmate wasn't even aware of that. Me thinks Santa picked them up and wrapped them when he got the Ironmate a bottle of Baileys.

Good Christmas. Hope yours was just as well!

• bcc594 Rookie 147 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Dec 26, 2007 3:05 PM (in response to mbannon)

I got some neat training stuff for Christmas.  My wife got me a trainer - which I ordered and received in Germany, and which I've ridden a couple times already! - and a handful of other stuff.  A spinervals Yoga DVD, some body-glide, socks, Cliff-shot blocks, and so forth.  All in all, a great haul!  I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Bradley

• Chris the Wheeler Rookie 70 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    6. Dec 26, 2007 5:14 PM (in response to bcc594)

I got one of these. Now I don't have to keep count in the pool.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Dec 26, 2007 6:48 PM (in response to mbannon)

Fufuliing my promise to take care of my bike in 2007 and stop being such a tri-putz who wears his cycling-stupidity-as-a-badge-of-honor I got a CHAIN CLEANER!

Woot.

Oh yeah, and the whole 7 day Disney Cruise thing. That too

• Cashmason Pro 449 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    8. Dec 26, 2007 9:17 PM (in response to mbannon)

I got a bento box and a lug to put on my aerbars, so I can tie my Garmin to it.   No room on the handlebars underneath the aero pads for the Garmin.

• neildonnelly Rookie 443 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Dec 27, 2007 4:41 AM (in response to mbannon)

Nothing Tri related for me but my boys did get me an Ulster Rugby Shirt - lots of memories of watching them play as a kid back in Belfast - Unfortunately they are really really poor this season - so I may have to keep the shirt in hiding rather than face ridicule

N

• jkaiser20 Rookie 73 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    10. Dec 27, 2007 4:53 AM (in response to mbannon)

I made a good haul. Bike socks, bike shorts, a nice windstopper bike jacket, and a windstopper balaclava.

I also got some work-type clothes and other doodads, but I might try to Ebay those and buy more tri-things!

• hobey014 Rookie 887 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. Dec 27, 2007 6:40 AM (in response to mbannon)

Matt: I have OF&C. Haven't read it. I use it mostly as a reference when I get creative with baking and it helps.

Good haul for me this year. Some truly obnoxious Terry arm warmers but I love them, a pair of swim fins, Spinerval DVDs both of which have the word hill in the title, a new running skirt, and some socks. I also got some food books, dark Belgian chocolate, and some fun aromatherapy stuff.

• Tamster018 Rookie 177 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    12. Dec 27, 2007 7:18 AM (in response to mbannon)

I got Yoga for athletes, a CO2 kit, toe warmers for my bike shoes, GU, a training log, a book- The woman triathlete (or something of that nature), money for a wetsuit, a hands free leash system for my doggie, a watch, a girly fleece coat, and a  bunch of candy.  

• kcwoodhead Rookie 316 posts since
    Oct 18, 2007
    13. Dec 27, 2007 7:55 AM (in response to mbannon)

Gosh - sounds like everyone raked it in!!

I got a semester of masters swim team from Santa.  Somehow I'll have to remind myself it was a "gift" when I have to drag myself out of bed way too early (I don't usually workout before work...gross).

• LookiLoo Rookie 247 posts since
    Feb 3, 2006
    14. Dec 27, 2007 8:30 AM (in response to mbannon)

I managed to snag a few items ~ some nice running tops for winter, money for aerobars for my roadbike, the stick (I love that thing!), aquasphere goggles, sports store gift cards....oh, and I had purchased a new wetsuit a while back, so I put that under the tree as my christmas gift from me to me    Can't wait for my first open water swim next season!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...