Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4192 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2010 1:15 AM by actmanman RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Dark Horse Legend 1,684 posts since
    Oct 9, 2005
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Oct 1, 2007 10:29 AM (in response to tselbs)
    Re: Genesys 5K - Grand Blanc, MI

tselbs,

Nice that you could run with your daughter.

Dark Horse

----

I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course

• Canfit Legend 1,055 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    16. Oct 1, 2007 4:33 PM (in response to tselbs)

Very nice race for you and Ann!  I agree with others that I was having trouble keeping things straight.  In the end, I sensed you ran a lot of good miles ...well done!  It did remind me of the latter stages of my marathon yesterday.  I cannot do math in my head when I'm that tired.  I kept asking my running partners to figure out where I was with time given my pace and the distance remaining.  It all worked out in the end though, just as it did with you, Ann and family.  Continued good luck with your training and in Detroit.
    PJ

• JJJessee Legend 774 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    17. Oct 1, 2007 5:24 PM (in response to tselbs)

Congrats The Selbs, on running and schedule juggling.
    Nice job to Sandy for breaking 10.
    jjj

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    18. Oct 3, 2007 2:55 PM (in response to tselbs)

Tom – I love the comment that the whole family had training plans to meet – how awesome to have a family of runners!  Congratulations to your daughter on her distance PR, and nice that you got to share it with her.  Another great race and report!

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• actmanman Pro 47 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    19. Sep 30, 2010 1:09 AM (in response to tselbs)

In the past, tablets haven��t worked because the technology simply wasn��t there �C manufacturers tried to cram desktop technologies into smaller spaces. Just think about the way that mobile phones have changed �C they��ve certainly evolved since the military style brick with an antenna that were around in the 80s. Manufacturers tweak and develop products to appeal to consumers, so we now have a vast array of choice.

-----------
    start write program since high school,anyone are welcome to try two program written by me:
    mp4 to mp3: a free mp4 to mp3 tool;
    mp4 to wmv:a free mp4 to wmv tool

• actmanman Pro 47 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    20. Sep 30, 2010 1:15 AM (in response to tselbs)

excellent post. This strikes me as enormously useful for urban groups trying to establish clear goals for their communities. A major stumbling block can be the feeling that no matter what we do, things can't get better, the problems are too big. Incremental, visible progress seems like a perfect tool to deal with this.

-----------
    start write program since high school,anyone are welcome to try two program written by me:
    mp4 to mp3: a free mp4 to mp3 tool;
    mp4 to wmv:a free mp4 to wmv tool

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...