Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4028 Views 52 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2007 11:10 AM by Twocat RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Coastwalker Legend 384 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Oct 17, 2007 8:13 AM (in response to ced53)
    Re: Hartford yet again. THE way to do a marathon.

Hi Craig,

Yes, that is THE way to run a marathon! What a tremendous race you ran - no surprise that you nailed all of your objectives. Congratulations on such superb results from all the planning, training, and racing that you've done leading up to Hartford.

Thanks also for the detailed RR, including the pre, during, and post-race activities.

Jay

• Waterlily Amateur 21 posts since
    May 16, 2006
    46. Oct 17, 2007 12:05 PM (in response to ced53)

Great report. I think you can have a hobby to write a sports column  Congratulations Craig! I know you can do it. I always have faith in you. So proud to have you as my coach & buddy 

• Soundrunner Legend 408 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    47. Oct 17, 2007 12:26 PM (in response to ced53)

Yay, Craig!  Nicely done (well, except for those first several miles.  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!) 

Is that e-cap re-cap an exaggeration or did you really use that many?

I'm hoping to be right on your tail soon. 

• Holly S. Legend 1,828 posts since
    Nov 26, 2007
    48. Oct 17, 2007 1:41 PM (in response to ced53)

Pro - Excellent racing - wow!  Congratulations on meeting all of your goals!

Question, though. How did the lady know about CR - were you wearing a t-shirt that said CoolRunning?

----

Holly[/URL" target="_blank">

• Caddisfli Legend 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    49. Oct 17, 2007 4:18 PM (in response to ced53)

Congrats on a greta race Ciagr!!  It was an honor to run your double secret hydration formula out to you a mile 21.  It was an extra special treat to meet the DW from Dover at dinner the night before.  I hope she attends more events now that she realizes that although we ar strange we are harmlessly strange.
    cfli

• divechief Legend 359 posts since
    Aug 14, 2007
    50. Oct 17, 2007 9:20 PM (in response to ced53)

Great race. It was fun to read.

It will be interesting to watch the Pro vs Tall smack down at Boston next spring, I wonder what kind of wager there will be on the race?

Congrats.  Dave

• Twocat Legend 404 posts since
    Oct 12, 2006
    52. Oct 20, 2007 11:10 AM (in response to ced53)

Great job hitting all of your goals!  Each Hartford RR sounds better and better.  One thing though, the world might not be ready for your marathon race strategy!  I am pretty sure that if I knocked out a few fast miles early would have seriously bad repercussions later on.  But, it sure seems to work for you!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...