Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4597 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2007 3:03 PM by soot RSS 1 2 Previous Next
dshclio Legend 264 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 12, 2007 7:10 AM

HAVE YOU MET YOUR RUNNING GOALS FOR THE  YEAR?

If you are like me I set my running goals every year around the first of the year for the coming year.  I then place my list in the front of my running log.  In December I return to my list to see how I progressed.  My first goal was to get my weight down to 185, I did reach this for awhile during summer and early fall, but with injuries after fall marathon I have settled back to around 200-195, ok sort of. 
Number 2 was three marathons- I reached this goal in May, doing 3 in 7 weeks.
Number 3- 1400 miles in year. I currently have 1410 miles this year.
Number 4- 23 min. 5k I ran 22:18 the end of September in 1 of my home town races.
Number 5- 10k in 49 min. I missed this one with a best of 51:20 in Feb. I ran only 3 of these this year and all of the rest of them in July, in high heat.
Number 6- 90 min. 10 mile. I did 85:30 in Bayshore marathon, but in the Crim our featured race in the area I missed with 90:01, close but no cigar.
Number 7- 52 runs of over 10 miles. I currently have 51 and hope to break that next week.

Goals for next year
3 marathons, PR in 5k10k and 10 mile Crim, 1500 miles, 50 runs of over 10 miles, and a 3:58:00 or less in a marathon.

Run long and run well
Marathon Derrick

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...