Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2778 Views 64 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2007 8:11 PM by loopy069 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • quaker02 Rookie 59 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Jun 28, 2007 3:05 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)
    Re: Double Trouble 15K-30K

I cant believe that you know so many Penn graduates and you still dont want to get out your head lamp for a night run...

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    61. Jun 28, 2007 3:09 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

quote:

Originally posted by quaker02:

I cant believe that you know so many Penn graduates and you still dont want to get out your head lamp for a night run...

lol. no i would. this summer is packed with training, races, or tapering, so there were no available times this summer when i went to organize it  we had a blast at the one in February. We had it on the Perkiomen trail after the cops chased us away from Valley Forge Park 

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    62. Jun 28, 2007 3:20 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

huh. i posted a reply but it was gone! lol.

I was trying to organize a midnight run for the summer, but between the 4th of July, my race schedule and my taper schedule, it just was not gonna happen. I will probably do another one in the fall or winter  It was a lot of fun in February.

• Apple17 Rookie 193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    63. Jul 3, 2007 4:00 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

quote:

Originally posted by robhamm:

What is this? The secret French Creek Fatass Forum.
    The run could be like an open house, starting at 1PM till the last person standing. It wouldn’t be a race per say, just a big old day of running. That may not be a crowd pleaser. There is no defined goal.
    Maybe it could be combinations of loops. Green trail, then Blue trail, then Orange… and repeat. The loops could keep returning to the group tenting area where an aid station would be setup. Now, aspiring ultra runners can run one loop or a set of loops, stop rest, and pickup with a group on another set of loops. The winner would be the one who runs “x” amount of loops in the shortest amount of time. This whole event could be followed up with a campfire and S’mores.

Rob- plug this to loopy.... Loopy love loops!!

• loopy069 Rookie 218 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    64. Jul 7, 2007 8:11 PM (in response to Rob Hamm)

oops yeah, missed some of the latest messages, but indeed a fan of loops.

all this talk about organizing fat *** races got me thinking of my dream event -- there is a university cross country course near my house that includes a 1 mile loop all on a wide grass path with a couple of rolling hills. There are even portapotties and water fountains nearby. I would love to do a duration race there -- like a 6hr,8,hr,12hr, etc. and just see how many loops you could do...

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...