Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1719 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2007 8:00 AM by Guest RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • markc7079 Rookie 190 posts since
    Sep 7, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Nov 2, 2007 6:37 AM (in response to thejoggler)
    Re: How do you fight the post-race blues?

quote:

Originally posted by thr3ee:

Yes, but I live in the SF Bay Area which is the center of the ultra-addict world with year-round running weather and accessible ultra races just about every single weekend. Its tough to take a whole month off from running races around here (I will try in Dec.) let alone a month of from running. You just can't imagine the peer pressure. I got talked into signing up for my second 100 before I was even recovered from my first! :-)

Alright, you're off the hook.     I guess I did fall for the peer pressure thing once.  After my first 50K (the same year as my first marathon), I signed up right away for another one two months later.  Then after the second one, I couldn't resist the peer pressure to do a third

one week

later. Opps. My only non-100-miler DNF.

----

Mark

Vegan 100 Miler[/URL" target="_blank">

• spaff Rookie 41 posts since
    Jul 4, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    17. Nov 2, 2007 7:42 AM (in response to thejoggler)

quote:

Originally posted by Trail Tripper:

- Beer (with Doritos, right Spaff?),

Ah yes, but beer is also part of a well rounded training diet....especially Guinness or good Canadian beer.

Doritos, on the other hand, one can get carried away with if not careful.  Seems to me I recall a freight train called Doritos rolling out of control that ended up in a firey inferno in a not too distant past.

• Currently Being Moderated
    18. Nov 2, 2007 8:00 AM (in response to thejoggler)

quote:

Originally posted by spaff:

Ah yes, but beer is also part of a well rounded training diet....especially Guinness or good Canadian beer.

VERY TRUE!

quote:

Doritos, on the other hand, one can get carried away with if not careful. Seems to me I recall a freight train called Doritos rolling out of control that ended up in a firey inferno in a not too distant past.[/B]

VERY POETIC!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...