Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2280 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2007 5:10 PM by picchk RSS 1 2 3 Previous Next
Tamblyn Amateur 64 posts since
May 25, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 2, 2007 1:12 PM

If you hit your goal weight.....

would you still be a clyde/athena?

I wouldn't.  My BMI says I should max out at 185ish which almost exaclty the weight a left university at.

• Abaker1961 Expert 70 posts since
    Oct 18, 2007
    1. Feb 2, 2007 1:38 PM (in response to Tamblyn)
    Re: If you hit your goal weight.....

Yes, definitely.

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    2. Feb 2, 2007 1:46 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

My goal weight is 135-150, I am 145 (give or take!) and 5'8", so i will most likely always be above 140lbs. Tamblyn, you should get a sex change, then you could always be an athena 

fwiw, i was 135lb at my wedding, but that was a few years ago and before i seriously began running distance. I look heavier in my wedding picture than i do now 10lbs heavier!!! It is really weird, and even after showing people the pics, they do not believe me. Muscle does weight more, right? 

• kristine25 Amateur 530 posts since
    Aug 17, 2007
    3. Feb 2, 2007 6:07 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

My goal weight is 145, I am 160 now and although I wouldn't fit in a race category, I would still feel like I belong here cause I am 5'8 always been big boned.  Even when I have been 145lbs, I will still a size 12 and wore all large clothes.  I always felt like a large athlete.

• mmoonhead Rookie 432 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Feb 2, 2007 6:21 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

quote:

Originally posted by kristine25:

My goal weight is 145, I am 160 now and although I wouldn't fit in a race category, I would still feel like I belong here cause I am 5'8 always been big boned. Even when I have been 145lbs, I will still a size 12 and wore all large clothes. I always felt like a large athlete.

I can relate Kristine - I'm convinced that for most people, there will be always a part of you that feels like a large athlete, even when you drop out of this category, especially for folks who have been larger-sized all their life like I have been.

I'm gone way past being a Clydesdale (I've gone from 280+ to around 150) but my mindset still is of a larger person, even though the mirror, smaller-sized clothing, etc. tell me otherwise.

• merigayle Amateur 1,569 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    5. Feb 2, 2007 6:29 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

quote:

Originally posted by mmoonhead:

I can relate Kristine - I'm convinced that for most people, there will be always a part of you that feels like a large athlete, even when you drop out of this category, especially for folks who have been larger-sized all their life like I have been.

I'm gone way past being a Clydesdale (I've gone from 280+ to around 150) but my mindset still is of a larger person, even though the mirror, smaller-sized clothing, etc. tell me otherwise.

That is very true! I was 196lbs and lost a lot of weight many years ago thru WW, exercise and going to a nutritionist. I will always think i am fat, even though according to everyone i know, i am skinny!! Some people, myself included, never get past that image of their self. I was thin in highschool and growing up, but i guess it was those really important years between hs and now that made a big impact on my self image and self esteem and how i see myself.

The other unfortunate thing is that the more i run and the more i do the stairstepper, the more athletic my body becomes and the harder time i have finding clothes that fit properly. Clothes are NOT made for athletic, fit women  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/frown.gif|border=0!

• muzicgrl Amateur 219 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Feb 2, 2007 6:37 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

My ultimate goal weight is 125-130 so I most certainly wont be an Athena when I get there...but keep in mind, I am short.

• GreenEggsAndHam Expert 312 posts since
    Jun 4, 2006
    7. Feb 2, 2007 7:16 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

I'll be at the border...

Some races I see are 140, which I'd be in, and some are 150, which I would not.

I would still think of myself as a large runner... because at 5'3.5, despite the fact I'll only be ~20% body fat, I'll look larger than a lot of runners.  Just my body type and musculature (and I only intend on building more muscle; don't care what I weigh!)

• Notey057 Rookie 114 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    8. Feb 2, 2007 8:38 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

Nope.  I was Clyde for almost all my running career.  I'm about to become one again.  

• rhoon phast Amateur 228 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    9. Feb 3, 2007 9:38 AM (in response to Tamblyn)

My weight in the photo in my profile is 215. I don't really have much extra. I don't work out, so it isn't a matter of overdeveloped musculature, that's just how big I am. If I got really lean, I might get into the 200 +/- 5 pounds area, but I don't see how I can drop further without going anorexic.

My goal weight is whatever weight I can attain by eating well and running a lot. Right now, that's around 210.

----

Troy[/URL" target="_blank">

Running resume[/URL" target="_blank">

My running log[/URL" target="_blank">

• Currently Being Moderated
    10. Feb 3, 2007 12:54 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

quote:

Originally posted by Tamblyn:

would you still be a clyde/athena?

I wouldn't. My BMI says I should max out at 185ish which almost exaclty the weight a left university at.

With out a doubt.. I am 6'4" so at 220lbs I would be

----

"You can have a victory without winning"

Please Read my eBlog
    Click Here[/URL" target="_blank">

• foxtrot Rookie 8 posts since
    Feb 3, 2007
    11. Feb 3, 2007 5:38 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

I don't have a goal weight.

Should I?

I mean, will I get too skinny, if I don't????

• RunForFun001 Pro 626 posts since
    Jan 25, 2007
    12. Feb 3, 2007 6:22 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

I will always be a Clydesdale (State of Mind) but if I hit my goal weight - I would only qualify in CARAs weight system - lowest category is 170#

• mdmccat Expert 54 posts since
    Jul 6, 2005
    13. Feb 4, 2007 1:58 PM (in response to Tamblyn)

No doubt if you take away 65 lbs of fat away I would be all muscle! But I do wonder if I lost the fat would my muscle bulk reduce too?

----

Me[/URL" target="_blank">

• RunMommaRun Expert 51 posts since
    Mar 24, 2005
    14. Feb 5, 2007 7:11 AM (in response to Tamblyn)

Actually, I would.  At 155 lbs.

----

Laura, queen of all I survey

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...