Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1011 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2007 5:07 PM by Beth Myers RSS
pmcneb Community Moderator 582 posts since
Jan 10, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 9, 2007 8:44 AM

clothes rant

I went shopping for a new cool max/dry fit/whatever running shirt.

I am 5'4" and weigh 160 lbs. So I am over weight. I do not want a shirt that clings to me. Bad enough the rolls are there without having to show them to the world.

All I wanted was a womans shirt with a v neck in some color other than white. White shirts tend to get see through when they are sweaty and wet.

I bought and brought home one XL shirt in every style the store had. Only one had a vneck. A total of 7 shirts, all different brands.

Of those 7, only one shirt actually fits.

At least it is blue.

Looks like I am back to shopping in the men's department and having the sleeves be hanging over my elbows.

----

Patty

• MaconMoves072 Rookie 233 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Apr 9, 2007 8:50 AM (in response to pmcneb)
    Re: clothes rant

My wife is a runner and she is not a little woman at 5' 8" and 180. I wanted to buy her some special tights for Christmas (the ones with the bands of support that cris-cross the legs and glutes. They came in women's small, medium and large. The large were too small for her, and I hate to ask her to wear men's. So we have $100.00 store credit, but no fancy tights.
    We feel your pain.
    Scott

----

Just because you started late, doesn't mean you have to finish last.[/URL" target="_blank">

• SDRon060 Amateur 16 posts since
    Nov 12, 2006
    2. Apr 9, 2007 10:04 AM (in response to pmcneb)

Sizing is the result of cheapness. Target is bad about that. Everything there I have to buy two sizes larger than normal.

----

SDRon
    When being chased by a bear. You don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

• Maloyo Amateur 29 posts since
    May 19, 2002
    3. Apr 9, 2007 11:49 AM (in response to pmcneb)

I'm in the same boat, Patty.  I don't want one of those shirts that looks like it has been painted onto my body!  Geez!

I have the same problem with jackets in the winter. The women's jackets are TINY! And they only fall to the top of the hips! I really want it to cover my butt and be a little loose in the body, but to get that I have to get men's jackets and hold the sleeves up with rubber bands!

Mary

• GreenEggsAndHam Expert 312 posts since
    Jun 4, 2006
    6. Apr 10, 2007 5:19 PM (in response to pmcneb)

I'm surprised you had that problem!
    Did you go to a running specialty store?

I'm 5'3.5 and 160 lb, and L seems to fit quite well. Definately not clingy.

I do hate how the shorts are all changed sizes. Sometimes Medium, sometimes large.  Have to try everything on!

• Beth Myers Rookie 11 posts since
    Aug 29, 2007
    8. Apr 20, 2007 12:50 PM (in response to pmcneb)

I have been wearing the same stuff for two years (and 70 pounds ago) and all of it is to big.  I am so cheap, I keep wearing the same things over and over.  I don't know what size I would be at this point!  I guess I really never care that it's hanging on me like a tent!  I will have to buy some things soon though....they are starting to look like rags!

Beth

• Beth Myers Rookie 11 posts since
    Aug 29, 2007
    10. Apr 20, 2007 5:07 PM (in response to pmcneb)

I have been clothes shopping (b/c I had too!) but I just don't buy exercise stuff......I should though.  I will have to hit the sales racks I guess.

Beth

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...