Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2523 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2007 10:12 AM by mrinertia
RichardC040 Pro 218 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2007 8:27 AM

November Totals/ December Goals

My Goal for November was 80 miles... I ended up with 86 miles (plus I had taken a week of for recovery very happy with those numbers.

December I want to hit 100 miles

• mrinertia Pro 1,310 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Nov 30, 2007 8:55 AM (in response to RichardC040)
    Re: November Totals/ December Goals

Wanted to be in the mid 30s by end of the month. last week was 32, this week'll be 34-36 depending on how Saturday goes so I'll chalk that one up as a success.

December is gonna end with me in the 40-45 MPW range and then it's straight on through to Jan 12th and it's official traiing for Bayshore!

I'm both looking forward to dreading it.

• kevmci Amateur 36 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Nov 30, 2007 9:58 AM (in response to RichardC040)

I'll add 5 miles later to give me 149 for November.

The goal for November is 130. But, if I get up to 155 that would give me 1400 for the year. That's remarkable since I had hernia surgery in January and a strained hamstring in June (that cost me about 7 weeks).

• rugby1080 Pro 171 posts since
    Jul 27, 2006
    3. Nov 30, 2007 10:36 AM (in response to RichardC040)

98 miles for me in Nov.  952 for the year.  I would like to run 100 in Dec.

Rugby

• cgerber Pro 195 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Nov 30, 2007 10:44 AM (in response to RichardC040)

November was a pretty low month due to injuries and sickness.  I'll probably wind up with about 120 miles.  December should be better, weather permitting.  Shooting for about 175 miles for December.  I have to run my age on my birthday (which is in December) so that will help a lot with the mileage.   !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Thanks,
      - Chris

• RunForFun001 Pro 626 posts since
    Jan 25, 2007
    5. Dec 4, 2007 6:24 PM (in response to RichardC040)

cgerber - Run you age - Sounds like fun.  My only problem is one of my favorite races is 3 days after my birthday - Not the best time to crank out 39 miles.

• kevmci Amateur 36 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Dec 5, 2007 9:44 AM (in response to RichardC040)

I can guarantee you that I'm not running 50 miles on my next birthday.

• Currently Being Moderated
    7. Dec 5, 2007 10:34 AM (in response to RichardC040)

<Blush>
    since I just started C25K I am proud to say I ran for 24 minutes in November. and I would say that is probably more than I have run since I was in my teens...

My December goal is to make it to make it to week 3 by the end of Dec.

Laura
    "Could I run for 60 seconds?  Is there a rhino chasing me?"

Dec 14, 2007
    8. Dec 5, 2007 1:13 PM (in response to RichardC040)

quote:

Originally posted by Womyn2me:

<Blush>
    since I just started C25K I am proud to say I ran for 24 minutes in November. and I would say that is probably more than I have run since I was in my teens...

My December goal is to make it to make it to week 3 by the end of Dec.

Laura
    "Could I run for 60 seconds? Is there a rhino chasing me?"

Way to go and welcome aboard. Any long term goals, or are you taking it one step at a time?

• SLOjim Pro 365 posts since
    Nov 17, 2007
    9. Dec 5, 2007 7:14 PM (in response to RichardC040)

First month of the year that I ran close to my base mileage goal  .....144.   Barring the return of injuries, I should be right at 150 for December.

• Currently Being Moderated
    10. Dec 5, 2007 11:19 PM (in response to RichardC040)

my long term goal is not to die from lack of excersize... 

I am a really fat Clydesdale, picture one who has been sitting on the couch eating chips for several years...

I am 46 years old, 5'7" and weigh 320 pounds..... I want to run a 5K next August.

I was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago, only to be undiagnosed 2 months ago... "Oops, my bad" said my doctor...

I spent 2 years thinking "if I am going to die unable to swallow, I might as well enjoy myself now... More cheesecake, please."

what do you know, now I am not going to die, so I decided to get my life back together...

After some time, I no longer rage at my own choice to lose 2 years, but rather the gift of my life back and the chance to celebrate being alive...

how's that for goals, eh?

Dec 14, 2007
    12. Dec 6, 2007 10:12 AM (in response to RichardC040)

Congrats on getting started. A 5k by August should be very doable. It wouldn't surprise me if you were able to get one in before that, even.

Post often, ask questions, help others. We're all part of this great sport together. The more you participate, the easier it is.

If you haven't gotten a competant doc's ok to do this, now's the time to do so.

Looking forward to reading your first race report.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...