Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

10111 Views 68 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2007 10:03 AM by ericd256 RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • ericd256 Legend 442 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    63. Dec 28, 2007 8:51 PM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)
    Re: Is it time to start the revolution?

made a few post. so if we do move i am ready.

• mbannon Rookie 1,542 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    64. Dec 28, 2007 9:35 PM (in response to ericd256)

I'm still officially over here, but geez it's soooo much easier to post over there.  The contrast makes this place feel even worse than before.  I wish I'd never gone.  **** you KickRunners, **** YOU WHY???  -Sob!!-

• mmoonhead Rookie 432 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    65. Dec 28, 2007 10:07 PM (in response to mbannon)

I glanced through the RA forums for the first time ever just awhile ago.  From what it looks like, many CR people are hedging their bets, and this pretty much includes folks from all the old CR threads.   Some have got profiles on RA or KR or even both forums.  And some have seemed to have packed up shop altogether and staked out new territory.

Like was mentioned before, I'm sure a few haven't gotten the lay of the landscape due to the holidays and with this being the off-season for the most part.  The idea to cross-post until mid-January is definitely a good one.

I chuckled at Tammy's posting of the Cheers theme lyrics, but that's what it's really all about.

Geez, I scrolled over something, and I got that Copyright Active.com window that froze on my screen for the longest time.  Ahh, well...that's the way things are now here I guess, for better or worse

• HappyPenguin050 Expert 625 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    66. Dec 29, 2007 4:45 AM (in response to mmoonhead)

I am a runner who spends most of her time on the Newbie Cafe board (I participate in the Weight Watchers Runners thread), but I used to lurk on the MS forum sometimes for swim tips, etc.  I have so much respect for triathletes who work at 3 disciplines, and you really are a supportive group.  I mostly wanted to say thanks, since many times your race reports, training suggestions, and overall enthusiasm inspired me.

I find myself spending less and less time on CR; I post to my usual thread, and then leave.  There are far fewer threads to pick from these days around the boards, and the overall energy is low.  Our group is sticking things out here for now, but that may change down the line as well.

I just wanted you to know that you may have had a larger audience than you even realize.  And, if I ever decide to train for a tri, I will log onto however many sites it takes to find you guys! 

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    67. Dec 29, 2007 9:49 AM (in response to HappyPenguin050)

Hey there, Penguin!  Thanks for coming out of lurk mode!  The influx of folks from other forums (like the Newbie Cafe) is one reason we all want to be on a lively board that is for more than just tri-folks.  We love it when someone new catches the bug.

One way to keep track of us down the road is to check in here .  It's a life raft where we'll leave breadcrumbs to wherever we land.

• ericd256 Legend 442 posts since
    Nov 30, 2007
    68. Dec 29, 2007 10:03 AM (in response to LeftRightRepeat)

I hope the bread crumbs will be wheat and gluten freeB-)

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...