Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2310 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2007 6:23 PM by Cashmason RSS
mbannon Rookie 1,542 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 29, 2007 3:37 PM

Is Active our new home whether we like it or not??

Did we kill the KickRunners forum?  Again?  Doesn't seem to be able to handle the load...

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Dec 29, 2007 4:55 PM (in response to mbannon)
    Re: Is Active our new home whether we like it or not??

I SWEAR I DID NOT TOUCH NOTHING!

NOTHING. TITHERS DID IT!

• ussoccer Rookie 1,412 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007
    2. Dec 29, 2007 5:09 PM (in response to mbannon)

So this morning I drive 3 hours to run just over 4 hours and then drive the 3 hours back home, meaning I was away from the computer all day, and then I pop in here to see we have a new home... that's dead. We killed it. Ughh. Reminds me of Charlie Brown after he picked out his little Christmas tree that "just needs some love." Giving it love, Chuck watches as the few needles the tree had fell to the ground. "I killed it," Charlie Brown says. "I killed it."

• chrisuletz Rookie 467 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Dec 29, 2007 5:17 PM (in response to mbannon)

Maybe somebody kicked a power cable. There was a recent premonition here... that Kickrunners is a very amateurish service and it works fine when there's no traffic but who know what happens and it will become popular?

• TriAndStopMe Rookie 30 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    4. Dec 29, 2007 5:22 PM (in response to ussoccer)

Thor - Four Hours??  Did you just do your first ulta, or were you just really chatty?

Maybe we should all just head for the life raftuntil things settle down? Oh, weight... maybe we should run for the life raft... not that we need to go that quickly, I just want to make sure we're talking about running.  (Sorry Dave!) 

Actually, Dave probably has a point.  It is a bit rude of us to talk about going elsewhere on Active.  The life raft might be the most appropriate place for that kind of chatter.

This whole thing bums me out.  Can't wait until we're on the otherside of this mess.   

• ussoccer Rookie 1,412 posts since
    Dec 11, 2007

>TriAndStopMe wrote:

>Thor - Four Hours?? Did you just do your first ulta, or were you just really chatty?

>

>Maybe we should all just head for the life raftuntil things settle down? Oh, weight... maybe we should run for the life raft... not that we need to go that quickly, I just want to make sure we're talking about running. (Sorry Dave!)

>

>Actually, Dave probably has a point. It is a bit rude of us to talk about going elsewhere on Active. The life raft might be the most appropriate place for that kind of chatter.

>

>This whole thing bums me out. Can't wait until we're on the otherside of this mess.

Now THAT's a good idea. We sit at the life raft until things settle, then we jump wholesale back to Active or over to Kick.

And for what it's worth, yes, I indeed did my first ultra. It was a 50K consisting of a 3.5 mile out and back before beginning 5 5.5 mile loops. By the end of the second loop, nobody, it seemed, was interested anymore in my stories. I was left to my lonesome. Which is why the time was closer to 4 hours. Without a sorry sap to spill my beans to, I was more easily able to slip into a zone. All good. It was fun. Challenging, but not nearly as much as I had imagined.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

it's back.

I agree it is not nice to talk smack about a forum ON their forum. My apologies to big-brother

• mmoonhead Rookie 432 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

BTW, the KR forum is back up and running again.

I don't really know if it's amateurism more than growing pains.  There was a pre-active.com merger migration over there from CR and they eventually had to  compensate by going to a dedicated server.  Now the post active.com/CR mashup migration has or is reaching the cresting point.

I think the conventional wisdom still is the best one - as a group, we should wait until mid-January to decide whether to raise up stakes or not.  Cross-post between the various sites, and who knows, maybe there's another site (RA or otherwise) that might be a good fit should active/CR not get its act together to the liking of most.  Speaking for me personally, it's either going to be the status quo (logging on to active/CR or some other non-KR forum site to checkup on you folks which is fine by me) or slightly more convenient with everyone over at KR.

• Cashmason Pro 449 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    8. Dec 29, 2007 6:23 PM (in response to mbannon)

Could also try Running Ahead dot com.  They have a decent log as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...