Skip navigation

5383 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2008 3:29 PM by saraallent RSS
COSrunners Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 29, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 30, 2007 11:20 PM

how does recruiting work?

hello peoplesi just want to aska simple question;How does recruiting work?.

I'm running for a junior college in my freshman  year of x-country.do i send out letters or e-mail coachs?

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Jan 8, 2008 3:32 PM (in response to COSrunners)
    Re: how does recruiting work?

Hey! I played D-1 lacrosse and worked as an Assistant Coach for the University of Richmond. I don't have experience getting recruited or recruiting for x-country, but I was a recruited athlete, spent time recruiting athletes and do have a lot of experience with recruiting in general and have mentored several players through the experience. I would suggest figuring out what schools you are interested in based on academics and the type of athletic program you are interested in. Once you have this list you should get the coaches email from the school's website and contact them directly. Coaches will want to know general background information about you, your education history, athletic experiences and most importantly, you want to show interest in their program and the school. I would suggest sending these emails out as soon as possible. The more contact you have with the coaching staff the better.  If there are certain schools you are really interested in I would suggest sending them a letter via snail mail also. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help to you in the process.

Sara

• Vicky Eydelberg Amateur 16 posts since
    May 4, 2007
    2. Feb 14, 2008 4:41 PM (in response to COSrunners)

Hi COSrunners.

Try using http://www.iplayers.net/.  

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    3. Feb 25, 2008 3:29 PM (in response to Vicky Eydelberg)

Also, Active just made a section of the site specifically for recruiting called Recruiting 101 that you should definitely check out. Hope everything is going well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...