Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2044 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2008 5:46 PM by DONSKIMAN
DONSKIMAN Rookie 234 posts since
Nov 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 8, 2008 10:14 AM

Login problem still persists!

What, if anything, is being done to correct the login problem for this forum? Why is this the only forum where it's necessary to login multiple times daily? Why is it necessary to ever have to login again unless a person logged out? A post last week mentioned that problems were going to be fixed after New Year's Day. Has anything been done at all?

Certainly the powers that be here at Active must be aware that your lack of response has alienated most, if not all, the former CR members. There was some discussion about waiting until the middle of January to abandon ship here in hope that all the problems here would be resolved. However, seeing that absolutely nothing has been done most people left a couple weeks ago. Whether or not a satisfactory resolution of the numerous problems is forthcoming, more than likely these people are gone for good.

I'll still peek in here every so often, but if I have to login every day to post here this may well be my last post.

Don

• TriBob Community Moderator 292 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Jan 9, 2008 4:50 AM (in response to DONSKIMAN)
    Re: Login problem still persists!

Just now I had some problems. I have not heard any updates besides they are working on it.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    2. Jan 9, 2008 3:12 PM (in response to TriBob)

They fixed the major login issue, but there was a chance there could be other bugs. We've given them detailed descriptions of this problem and I know they had a meeting of the minds an hour ago to try and figure out and fix the last of the login issues. Sorry. I realize its frustrating. It has been happening to us from time to time too, but I haven't had the problem recently. If anything changes or another error occurs please let us know. The more detail you can give about the error the better. Thanks for your patience.

Sara

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    4. Jan 10, 2008 9:32 AM (in response to DONSKIMAN)

There were problems with login but at this time we are not putting a 'Remember Me' option into the system for login. It is on our radar, but we want to ensure that everyone can get on the site first and then we will move onto talking about the idea of allowing them to stay logged in. I like the idea though and I understand you had it elsewhere so we will see what we can do.

There have been several changes made thus far. We created a Cool Running Browse bar and added Cool Running to the Active Browse Bar for easier navigation. Many of the problems with login have been fixed and if they aren't, we are still asking you for your feedback so we can continue to work out the bugs in the system. There are some Active Trainer updates scheduled for next week. We plan on continuing to upgrade the site and to work with the CR users in doing so.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sara

• TriBob Community Moderator 292 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    5. Jan 11, 2008 9:24 AM (in response to saraallent)

The 'Remember Me' option is standard on every forum I have been on in the last 10 years. So, you can see why everyone has little tolerence for its absence.

• pcsronbo006 Legend 1,323 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Jan 12, 2008 7:03 PM (in response to TriBob)

Remember me "feature" is a quite basic need. The extra "work" of logging in is a huge turnoff.

the primary problem I see is when you click "Login to Reply" it takes you to somewhere else NOT to the reply... which is what you were trying to do.

Again, extra work, nav is way too hard (mayeb this is just "relative" to the old format we knew).

I only logged back in here to see if there was any lurkers still about. 99% of the CRMS community is gone, I'm sorry to say.

Good luck with the cleanup.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...