Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5057 Views 26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2008 9:24 AM by saraallent RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • seahag Rookie 6 posts since
    Oct 18, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Dec 17, 2007 6:15 AM (in response to runforyourlife123)
    Re: New Running Log on Active

Never mindit's Monday.  I see what to do.  Now let's see whether it works!!!  THANKS SO MUCH!!!  4 years of electronic data lost.  I have all my PAPER logs, but oh myI sure don't want to re-enter all THAT.  UGH.

• LeftRightRepeat Pro 1,452 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    16. Dec 17, 2007 8:54 AM (in response to SteinDawg)

I definitely think you should ask for your money back.

• mreininger Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Dec 17, 2007 10:59 AM (in response to SteinDawg)

Add me to the growing list of folks who hate this new "upgrade"

I have used the training plans and the daily workout reminders to train and run over a dozen marathons. In addition to the difficulties experienced bu others this loss of functionality is reason enough for me to pack up years of stuff and look elsewhere.

Clearly a disaster for existing users. Hope the new system attrtacts enough new users to make it worthwhile as I would predict a mass exodus of unhappy current users.

• Lloyd035 Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Dec 17, 2007 11:32 AM (in response to runforyourlife123)

Thanks rokudon, I've been using cool running since 1999 and I was afraid I had lost most of my data.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    19. Dec 17, 2007 11:36 AM (in response to Lloyd035)

Let us sincerely apologize for the problems you are currently experiencing with the transition from Cool Running to the Active system.

Our team has worked extremely hard to try and minimize these issues. However, any transition is going to cause some discomfort. Moving from the familiar to something new is a difficult situation. You may be asking why this transition occurred in the first place. The simple reason is that it was necessary simply to maintain the day to day operations of CoolRunning.com. The old CoolRunning.com system could no longer handle the load of the community. Furthermore, there were data security and maintenance issues that were creating an increasing strain on the system. Over the last six months, there were numerous issues of users losing data on the CoolRunning.com system, a trend that was accelerating into the New Year. By moving the message boards and running log to Active.com, you benefit from Active's more robust infrastructure, meaning no more lost data.

Again, we apologize for any problems you may be experiencing in the transition. We value your feedback and it is our goal to work with you to ensure your concerns are addressed and promptly resolved.

We have made all attempts to make the Cool Running data log migration process as simple and complete as possible. If you would like to transfer your data, please follow these steps:

1) Go to www.ActiveTrainer.com and log in with your Active Network's user account and password.

2) The system will direct you to a Merge account page and tell you that your account was upgraded by CoolRunning.com. Click the button, "Create an Account".

3) The system will direct you to the Import data page, where you can opt to transfer your Cool Running data to Active Trainer. Click on the "Transfer my Data" button to begin the Cool Running data transfer. If you choose not to import your data at this time, you can always go to the My Account Settings page and transfer your data later.

4) If you opted to transfer your data, depending on how much data you've logged in Cool Running, the process can take anywhere from 4 to 24 hours to complete. In the meantime, you can begin using the Active Trainer features and tools.

5) Once the transfer of data is complete, you will find your Cool Running data in the calendar and Shoe Tracker.

We understand there may be a bit of confusion about the data transfer from the Cool Running logs to Active Trainer. Even though the data is largely the same, it will look different in the two systems.

• Workout type, distance, duration and pace will transfer directly over.

• Any comments, Avg HR and Max HR will be inserted into the workout notes for those specific workouts.

• You weight data will be imported into the Daily Vitals section in Active Trainer.

• Shoe data will automatically populate into the Shoe Tracker, including all mileage information logged to date.

You can view historical data in a number of formats on Active Trainer.

• Your calendar allows you to see workouts (with varying levels of detail) in a month, week and day view.

• Click on "Reports" in the top navigation to access your Training Log, showing side-by-side planned vs. actual data in a weekly view

• Dig deeper by clicking on the Training Stats tab, which allows you to graph aggregated stats such as training volume.

• Dmobber41 Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    20. Jan 10, 2008 1:28 PM (in response to SteinDawg)

I thought it was me.  I've been trying to find my log data for two days now without success.  I've been tracking my workouts on yellow stick POST-IT notes since last Tuesday.  Don't know what I'm gonna do now.  My thanks to the techie geniuses at CR. What a TERRIBLE DISAPPOINTMENT this is!!!   Not happy....Not happy   

• PrinceJ Rookie 56 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    21. Jan 10, 2008 1:44 PM (in response to saraallent)

This Question is Possibly Answered

Oct 2, 2007
    22. Jan 10, 2008 1:31 PM (in response to Dmobber41)

Hey Dmobber41,

I can help you get your log data. I'm going to private message you now so we can figure this out.

Sara

• Lloyd035 Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    23. Jan 11, 2008 4:45 PM (in response to saraallent)

Active Sara,   I appreciate your reply. However, I did merge my data to the Active Trainer Log and it just didn't work right. I have been a 5-7 day per week runner for quite some time now, yet after transferring my data, Active Trainer only shows 2-4 runs per week. I probably lost half of my run data in the transfer. Fortunately through the help of "community member" I was able to get back into my Cool Running Log and download my data to an excel file (which I obviously should have done before the the change over). I now keep my log on the Runner's World website. I would certainly have liked to keep all my data in one spot but since that didn't work I decided to start fresh with Runner's World. They're probably a little less likely to "sell out" any time soon.

Oct 18, 2007
    24. Jan 15, 2008 4:53 AM (in response to saraallent)

Well, NONE of my old Cool Running data has transferred to the ActiveTrainer, and I really, REALLY don't want to enter it all again manually.  I'm willing to adjust, but I want my data transferred.

Oct 18, 2007
    25. Jan 15, 2008 5:14 AM (in response to saraallent)

I tried once again to transfer my data.  None of it transferred when I was taken to the Import page originally.  So, I tried to transfer the data "later" from the My Account settings page.  Well, I must be incredibly dumb, because I sure don't see anything there that looks like data transfer.  Very frustrating.

Oct 2, 2007
    26. Jan 15, 2008 9:24 AM (in response to seahag)

Hey it could be that it isn't picking up your data cause its a different email and password. If you don't mind private messaging me I can get some info from you and help you get your data. Thanks.

Sara

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...