Skip navigation

1518 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2008 1:23 PM by mvalenti RSS
mvalenti Community Moderator 84 posts since
Jul 11, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 15, 2008 1:23 PM

Cheap Tickets Beware

Has anyone ever had trouble when booking trips through discount ticket sites?  Some friends of mine just left for Argentina on tickets bought from Cheaptickets.com. But due to a code share problem, LAN would not honor the flight. 

She says:

"Cheap Tickets pretty much threw up their hands as the scenario unfolded and wouldn't even offer to buy tickets for us to solve the problem. To be clear, Cheap Tickets admitted it was their failure. Basically they set up the ticket without checking to make sure that all of the airlines had agreements with each other."

I ran into a similar issue in Spain when my boyfriend and I booked a rental car for two weeks through a similar site. When we got to the airport in Madrid, there was no record of our reservation and we had to pay a lot more then was originally quoted.

Has anyone encountered trouble like this? Or do you recommend one site over the others? I am inclined to stay away from these sites when it comes to international travel or just use them as a resource and then go directly to the airline to book the flight.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points