Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2247 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2008 3:16 AM by Croydon
BobnEsined Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 15, 2008 1:55 PM

This place is HORRIBLE!

This is the worst site on the web!  I can't believe it took me 6 weeks to get back on!  I just had to vent.  I will never be back.....good luck everyone, hopefully I'll see some of you at Boston or NYC this coming year.

• Michael. Community Moderator 516 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    1. Jan 15, 2008 9:19 PM (in response to BobnEsined)
    Re: This place is HORRIBLE!

Good luck and when you discover that RA or KR is a little less then desirable we will still be here and welcome you back.

Mike

• homeskoolyZ Rookie 62 posts since
    Jan 11, 2008
    2. Jan 16, 2008 6:24 AM (in response to Michael.)

Michael. wrote:

Good luck and when you discover that RA or KR is a little less then desirable we will still be here and welcome you back.

Mike

Hey Mike, guess what?  This place is horrible.    When moderators like you cop this kind of attitude you simply drive more people away.  Good job.  I'm trying to be patient and see if you guys can fix everything and make this place the user-friendly forum that it used to be, but I'm losing my patience fast.

Mind if I ask you a question?  What exactly less than desirable at RA or KR.   Serious question, please answer.

• weric Rookie 11 posts since
    Apr 10, 2006
    3. Jan 16, 2008 7:53 AM (in response to homeskoolyZ)

My opinion is that CoolRunning discussion forums should be running on  vBulletin or phpBB. You guys need to change it ASAP or your site will die, I hope this come sooner than too late...

I'm disappointed, CoolRunning was a good online community.

For now I'm off to runningmania.

• Michael. Community Moderator 516 posts since
    Nov 9, 2007
    4. Jan 16, 2008 8:21 AM (in response to weric)

What RA does not have a the same sense of community. Many went there including myself and were treated as we were not part of there click and they already had preconceived ideas of what CR was. I did not need this kind of political environment on a forum so I left. The group I am part of left and came back for this reason.

There is still a core group left here at CR and it will build back to what it was. As for Active subcontracting out to a different bulitin board provider I can not see that happening. They put to much money into buying CR and now developing changes. Many changes have not happened yet but I feel they will.

I am not an Active employee so I have no ability to fix anything. Even if I did have access I do not write software so that would be a complete disaster. I am a runner and forum user like everyone else here. Like everyone else users here are tiring of people who establish accounts and make one or two posts of which all they do is complain. My thought is if they do go to another site they will probably be back because like myself they will not find the grass greener on the other side. It is not the quality of software that makes the forum, it is the people and CR has always had a top notch community.

Mike

• bdags061 Rookie 61 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. Jan 16, 2008 10:00 AM (in response to Michael.)

"It is not the quality of software that makes the forum, it is the people and CR has always had a top notch community."

That's the problem.  Most of the quality people have left.  Many have gone to RA and are very satisfied. 

• homeskoolyZ Rookie 62 posts since
    Jan 11, 2008
    6. Jan 16, 2008 10:45 AM (in response to Michael.)

Michael. wrote:

What RA does not have a the same sense of community. Many went there including myself and were treated as we were not part of there click and they already had preconceived ideas of what CR was. I did not need this kind of political environment on a forum so I left. The group I am part of left and came back for this reason.

There is still a core group left here at CR and it will build back to what it was. As for Active subcontracting out to a different bulitin board provider I can not see that happening. They put to much money into buying CR and now developing changes. Many changes have not happened yet but I feel they will.

I am not an Active employee so I have no ability to fix anything. Even if I did have access I do not write software so that would be a complete disaster. I am a runner and forum user like everyone else here. Like everyone else users here are tiring of people who establish accounts and make one or two posts of which all they do is complain. My thought is if they do go to another site they will probably be back because like myself they will not find the grass greener on the other side. It is not the quality of software that makes the forum, it is the people and CR has always had a top notch community.

Mike

I hope it builds back to what it was before the transition.

You are not an Active employee, but you are a moderator of these forums, yes?

Apr 10, 2006
    7. Jan 16, 2008 12:08 PM (in response to homeskoolyZ)

"It is not the quality of software that makes the forum, it is the people and CR has always had a top notch community."

I agree with you 100% it's just that the forum does not have the same style to what I'm accustom too. I guess there is a learning curve and adaptation time... Most big (Some are huge) forums online are simple and they all have the same structure, maybe it's just a coincidence. Hopefully I'm wrong who knows, time will dictate if this style works or doesn't.

Good luck with it.

Apr 10, 2006
    8. Feb 2, 2008 6:34 PM (in response to BobnEsined)

So.....is it working out?

• Croydon Rookie 25 posts since
    Sep 16, 2007
    9. Feb 8, 2008 3:16 AM (in response to homeskoolyZ)

homeskoolyZ Wrote:

You are not an Active employee, but you are a moderator of these forums, yes?

NO

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...