Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2137 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2008 1:37 PM by jengcooke
jengcooke Rookie 9 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2008 7:03 AM

What if we paid Cool Running to come back?

I'm having a terrible time with this site, particularly with the running log which is one of the most important features for me.  The running log on Cool Running was simple but extremely useful.  I'm not an idiot or lazy, but I really don't have the time to figure out the complexities of this site.  I liked the community feel of cool running as well.  I'd be willing to pay a nominal fee to Cool Running. Given all the complaints I've seen about the Active site, I wonder if there are enough people willing to do the same that  it might be worth CR's while to beef up their capacity to host the old log and forum again. 

What do you think? 

JC

• spankee Legend 414 posts since
    Nov 4, 2005
    1. Jan 17, 2008 7:50 AM (in response to jengcooke)
    Re: What if we paid Cool Running to come back?

Stick a fork in it because I think this site is done.  Certainly the boomer communities have moved on to Kickrunner and Runningahead.  I think Runningahead has a good log.  There was a great group of boomers that made it fun and safe to post.  A very supportive group.  Not to say the same thing can't be restarted here...but it will be hard.  I have moved over to Kickrunnerseems to have the start of the community feeling that was at CRI don't use the log.  Just came back to see if the problems had been resolved.  May check again in a month.

• figbash Amateur 600 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    2. Jan 17, 2008 9:24 AM (in response to jengcooke)

CoolRunning as we knew it is unfortunately dead and will never return.

As spankee said, Running Ahead has an excellent log and the forums have really picked up with all the ex CR posters. It's also free and has very little advertisment. I've stopped back here a few times but always end up so discouraged that I give up and leave. RA is at the top of my running bookmarks followed by Kick and this place.

Tom

• LeftRightRepeat Pro 1,452 posts since
    Aug 16, 2007
    3. Jan 17, 2008 11:45 AM (in response to jengcooke)

Seek alternative paths, Grasshopper... Both KickRunners and RunningAHEAD have nice logs available, active forums, and many CR expatriates. If you can't hold out here, they're worth investigating.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...