Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2813 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2008 4:37 AM by harrnjos RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • rdy2rn Rookie 7 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jan 17, 2008 9:32 PM (in response to harrnjos)
    Re: C25k Weeks 4-7 (January 13-19)

I DID IT!!!  W5D3    The dreaded 20 min. run.  I totally had a negative attitude going into it.........just knew I wouldn't make it...........at about 12 min. I didn't think I would-but kept pushingthen at 15 minknew I could make it just a few more. I forced myself to do that last 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am very slow, but figure once I can run for 30 min . then I will start working on upping my pace!

Thanks to everyone who kept telling me it was possible!! 

• 1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    16. Jan 18, 2008 11:39 AM (in response to harrnjos)

I COMPLETED W5D3!!! 

I felt great while running and awesome when I was done!!  I really dont want to go back to the intervals but will follow the program.

I think this group is great  and its fun that we are all around the same days. 

DH said that I could jog with him.  I told him the only way I could jog with him was at the Y on treadmills sidebyside.  He jogs for at least 5 miles at 7.0 and 8.0.  I just dont see my short legs moving that fast EVER.

Hope you all have great runs over the weekend.  I'm just going to be walking until Monday.

Run on, Carla

• ecuturtle Rookie 30 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008
    17. Jan 18, 2008 8:22 PM (in response to harrnjos)

Congratulations everyone- you are doing wonderful! I am so glad everyone keeps coming back here and reporting.

I did W7D2 tonight. I had to laugh, being the non-fitness nut I am, to suddenly realize that I had skipped dinner at the Hard Rock with family/friends to get my jogging in. I have a busy weekend planned and figured it was tonight or Monday and I couldn't put it off. So I declined my dinner invite. Even better was that I was super busy today, adjusting to new early schedule for new job, along with grocery shopping for a party tonight, taking care of a friends dogs/cats, prepping food for a function, which normally I would have come home and done a few things, while sitting down to watch tv or go out to dinner for Friday. Tonight I jogged for 25 minutes Miracles can happen....

• ExSwimmer Rookie 30 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007
    19. Jan 19, 2008 9:47 PM (in response to harrnjos)

I finished W5D3!!  Wow, it wasn't easy, that's for sure   And although I wanted to stop early, I didn't. (serious mental pep talks had to occur). 

Hope everyone is doing well.

go TEAM!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...