Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2057 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 21, 2008 6:14 AM by Joe_h1
TriathleteinTraining Rookie 5 posts since
Jan 4, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2008 6:32 PM

Doing a Sprint in June, but training for an Olympic?

Hello I am doing my first sprint triathlon June 22nd. I am base/endurance training until March 20th, which is the 12 week mark from the tri. I am also doing the Chicago tri August 24th, and hope to do an Olympic. I will have 2.5 months of base training before my training program begins. My question is would it be okay for me to follow an Olympic plan for my first Sprint Tri? Looking at the Sprint plan I have, compliments of Gale Bernhardt, it appears I will be backtracking because of the base plan I am using now. For example, I am now running longer than I would my first day of the Sprint training plan. The Olympic plan, however, has me starting where I am at now. Any advice would be great and appreciated :).

Bestes,

Julie

--"The Journey is the Reward"

• Joe_h1 Community Moderator 1,833 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 21, 2008 6:14 AM (in response to TriathleteinTraining)
    but is the sprint plan more intense?

sure you build up a good endurance base but does the sprint plan start throwing in speed workouts?  just cause it isn't as long doesn't mean it isn't intense and if it is that base will serve you well. good luck and have fun!

goals for 2011:

break 19minutes for 5k

break 2:42 for olympic triathlon probably Anthracite olympic

break 3:16 for marathon ( a long shot but it's fun putting yourself out there)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points