Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2508 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2008 5:30 PM by davecamire
davecamire Amateur 87 posts since
Sep 27, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2008 5:30 PM

Transition Update

Hi folks,

Since my last post I have traveled from Boston to San Diego for an extended visit. I am now working directly with the Active team on many of your issues and suggestions that have arisen from the transition. Today I want to report on the following:

• Login issues

• Forum improvements

• Active Trainer plans

• The Couch-to-5K Program

The Active Login

Obviously this did not go the way we had planned. Log-in should be simple and not difficult. I am not going to offer any excuses since it is clear we could have done a better job. As of today I believe most of the login issues have been resolved, however I am aware that users are still unable to stay logged in from application to application. This is a company-wide issue and it is our number one priority on our bug fix list. We hope to have it resolved soon. If you are experiencing any other problems, please email Geoff, Sara, Patricia or Toby at communitysupport@active.com and they'll address your concerns individually.

Forum Changes

There have been a number of improvements along with bug fixes in the forum area. They are based on the input you have supplied. I want to encourage you to continue posting suggestions in our Suggestion Box. Recent changes include:

• We have improved the navigation between forums by adding a dropdown menu that makes jumping from forum to forum easier.

• We are in the process of fully integrating the Search functionality into the forum and it should be operational by the end of this week.

• We have added an Overview tab so you can view the most recent posts and replies from across all CR forums.

• We corrected a bug in the email notification system. You will now get email notifications only from the threads you participate in. You can disable all future notifications from your My Active account preferences, but must stop current notifications by going to the specific thread.

• As I mentioned in a previous post we added a polling feature. We will continue to post polls to solicit your input.

Active Trainer

The folks working on the Active Trainer product are paying attention to your issues with the log migration. They have received thousands of emails for enhancement requests and they are working to accommodate these items. In February, they are planning to release an update to Active Trainer to address the top 5 requests.

1. Run a report longer than 7 days.

2. Add activities, like Yoga and Elliptical Training.

3. Display total shoe mileage for all shoes and report on total shoe mileage for specific shoes.

4. Add and Log a workout in one single instance.

5. Activity Odometer that displays total distance/duration for the month.

Last week, you saw an update to the look and feel of Active Trainer. These changes were already in progress when the Cool Running migration occurred. I hope you will find the new site easier to use and more friendly for maintaining your log.

There were a number of logs that were not transferred in the original migration. We have now located all the logs and if you had an issue finding your information it is now available. To locate your Cool Running log on Active Trainer, log into http://training.active.com/ActiveTrainer with your Cool Running email address and Cool Running password. If you're unable to remember this information, please contact Active Trainer support (trainingsupport@active.com) with the following information:

Cool Running Member Name

Cool Running Password

Cool Running Email Address (that was saved in your Cool Running profile)

Couch-to-5K Program

There has been confusion regarding whether the Couch-to-5K Program (C25K) is a free or paid program. For the record it has always been free and we have no plans to charge for it. You can access the program from our front page or go directly to it via this link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml. We do offer a fee based module that will automatically add your workouts to your Active Trainer if you so desire.

The Last Word

In closing I want to thank everyone who has remained with us through this difficult transition process. As for the folks who have left, many of you have indicated that you are keeping an eye on our progress and this is encouraging to me. You are always welcomed back. Our goal is to improve our tools to match the needs of our users. I promise we will do everything we can to meet that goal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...