Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2562 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2008 9:52 AM by harrnjos RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • 1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Jan 25, 2008 9:38 AM (in response to harrnjos)
    Re: C25k Weeks 5-8 (January 20-26)

QOTD:  What program do you plan to do when you graduate from the C25K?  Please post links if possible.

I am trying to decide which program to continue on with and am curious to see what you all are thinking about.

• ExSwimmer Rookie 30 posts since
    Nov 12, 2007
    16. Jan 26, 2008 9:09 PM (in response to 1to1)

Ugh! I haven't run at all since Tuesday!  I was planning on running Thursday morning, but ended up having to go in for an emergency root canal Thursday morning before work, which had some complications.  I've been struggling, but I really wanna get out there and run W6D2 tomorrow morning.  Do y'all think I should re-run Day 1?  I don't wanna hurt myself or anything, and I want to be consistent...but I really want to keep moving forward. 

Also, after the program, I've decided I'm gonna do the Spring Training instead of OHR because I think bumping up to running four days per week would be good. I'm running for fitness and eventually as exercise to help me lose a little weight and keep it off.  Four days of running would be helpful (because who really wants to drive all the way to the gym when you could just step outside your door and go for a little jog??)     Link for Spring Training:  http://www.halhigdon.com/spring/Springnovice.htm

Hope everyone's been doing a little better than me these past days.  And I completely agree that we should stick together after we start completing the program-  SO, we need a name!  Maybe something like "Running into Spring" or "Stomping on the Couch"  haha  Then we'll just meet at our weekly thread to keep everyone posted on our progress and support eachother.

Keep it up team!

• needmath Rookie 57 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007
    17. Jan 26, 2008 10:07 PM (in response to ExSwimmer)

Do you all mind if I post in your thread?

I'm in week 4 but no one has posted in that thread since my post on Thursday :_|   I need to share and read what others are accomplishing in order to stay motivated.

I did wk 4 day 2 this morning.  It was a little chilly outside at first but I woramed up okay.  I'm so surprised that I've been able to get through those five minute runs.  My quads were very sore after day 1.  I was really surprised at that.  Maybe it was because I had three days of rest instead of two before the start of the new week.  I haven't had any real soreness today.  I big positive with today was that I actually was able to speed up a little for the last minute.  I didn't speed up too much and was still breathing normally when I was done.

I mapped out my five minute portion on MapMyRun to get an idea of my pace.  I felt I was running soooo slow but it turns out it was about a 12 min mile.  I really don't think that is too shabby.  If it were a 5k, it would be about 36 minutes.

Janice

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...