Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

33839 Views 575 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2008 8:46 PM by NW Runner RSS Go to original post 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 Previous Next
  • Econo011 Legend 1,429 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    570. Dec 2, 2007 4:15 PM (in response to alaskagrown)
    Re: OREGON RUNNERS

Tempting, tempting regarding the Hagg Lake mud run -- but the 25K in my case.  I ran this 2 years ago and loved it but felt guilty regarding the mass destruction of the trails.  The runners tended to try to go around the mud on the sloppy parts and ended up really tearing up the surrounding grass.

But it's so fun.....

• megapronator Amateur 261 posts since
    Nov 6, 2000
    571. Feb 1, 2008 2:00 PM (in response to Econo011)

Just seeing if any Oregon runners are left...

• Econo011 Legend 1,429 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    572. Feb 1, 2008 3:24 PM (in response to megapronator)

No, we're scattered to the wind (I noticed your post only because Active.com has an email notification system (for which I did not sign up! Grrr)).

Some of us are on kickrunners (there is a regional PNW thread there) and some are on runningahead, and some are on both.

• jebsmythe Legend 702 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    573. Feb 1, 2008 4:34 PM (in response to Econo011)
    Econo011 wrote:

No, we're scattered to the wind (I noticed your post only because Active.com has an email notification system (for which I did not sign up! Grrr)).

Some of us are on kickrunners (there is a regional PNW thread there) and some are on runningahead, and some are on both.

Ditto that email notification function.  Just another thing to love about Active.com

How ya' doin' mega? Nice to hear from you again.

• kateMD Rookie 122 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    574. Feb 1, 2008 6:16 PM (in response to jebsmythe)

OK - I got suckered in to replying, too.  More stuff to wade through on my email.  BUT - I will be at Hagg Lake doing to 50K so I'll see you all there, rainm or shine (usually rain) mud or no (usually lots of mud).  This will be my 3rd year doing the 50K there.

I'm on Kickrunners.com, too.

Kate

• NW Runner Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007
    575. Feb 1, 2008 8:46 PM (in response to kateMD)

Strange.  I also got an automatic e-mail notification on this post.  I've never gotten any other such e-mail notifications even though I used to post in the other forums on Cool Running.  Oh well.  I've jumped over to Running Ahead but I'm not sure which forum everyone is lurking in.  Maybe we ought to start an Oregon Runners post over there to use.   How is everyone?  I'm doing Boston this April so I'm ramping up my training.  I've done more running on the treadmill this winter on the account of snow and ice than in the past.  Econo and Mega-- are you two going to be at the Oregon Track Club meeting on Tuesday?  I'm going to try and make it up from Roseburg though I'll probably  be a bit late.  Someone save me a seat!

Sarah

1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...