Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5776 Views 50 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2008 7:16 AM by Mr_Tremor Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • safestrong Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 2, 2008

Congrats to all you folks who are in week 9 - I'm very happy for you. Because I am looking forward to that day, too.  Tomorrow is my first day of Week 6 - can I still join here? That makes me a "middle school vacationer" at this point, but Feb 9 is the last day to squeeze in, right?   

Originally I started running to complement my weight-loss-oriented diet.  But now I want to run because it gives me happiness.  My major challenge now is making time to stretch before and afterwards. I look forward to keeping up with all y'all.  

• Mr_Tremor Rookie 98 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007

safestrong - feel free to join us, the Weeks 6-9+ and Feb 3-9 is just a guideline. We need and want to give all the support we can. I am sure we all would love to have this group mature into a full-time group be it One Hour Runner or Spring Training that way we can all keep putting those miles on.

I can't wait for my run tomorrow. Its going to be so hard and sweet to finish it off. I have vowed to run a 6mph pace on my tread mill and finish the full 5k. I hope I can break the mental barrier and keep myself going the whole time.

Since I have picked my first 5k I have to start getting pledges together. My Wife thinks it will be easy to gain suport from my family but I am not so certain. If I collect $200 in pledges for my 5k I can run in it for free. It's a great cause so that should help too. It's for Abused Women, not that I know any but I can only imagine how much help they provide to women.

Stomp On!

Dec 31, 2007

I did It I beat the couch and ran for 30 minutes non-stop. I have succeed Week 9 day 3 complete. The couch has been stomped.

Congrats to everyone who is one week closer to beating the couch.

Stomp on

• beachbum724 Pro 217 posts since
    Jan 2, 2008

Safestrong- where are you from?  I'm in south MS. the "y'all" made me smile-

I'm W6D2 myself, and am beginning to like running very much!

THE ONLY THING THAT CAN STOP YOU IS YOU!

Started C25K the first time January 2008

Jingle Bell Run December 5, 2009 5K 40:15

Completed C25K January 3, 2010 running 3 miles in 39 minutes

started program again January 21,2012 on my own

Started with a local group in April 2012

Completed C25K with a local running group 6-8-12

Miles for Smiles 5K to be run on 6-15-12

Jan 2, 2008

And Mr Tremor- big CONGRATULATIONS to you!  Wow.  Can't wait till I'm where you are now! 

• BonaDea Rookie 19 posts since
    Jan 29, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    35. Feb 10, 2008 9:22 AM (in response to Mr_Tremor)
    Re: Stomping on the Couch (C25k Weeks 6-9+, Feb 3-9)

Hiya Mr Tremor.....good on you for stomping that couch! 

I'll be where you are in two weeks.

I had my W7D1 run today and thought it was going to be a shocker.  I went to Perth and back within a 24 hour period.  So a 7 hour flight in each direction and overnight stay.  Needless to say I was shattered when I got back to NZ.  I really didn't want to run when I got up this morning cause it is soooooooooooooooooo humid and I was in such a bad mood, but I went out anyway and feel so much better now.

I think of it as my me time where I can just run and not have to deal with the world and sort through any issues that may be going on in my life.  Hows that for deep and meaningful at 6.20am. 

Dec 31, 2007
    36. Feb 11, 2008 3:15 PM (in response to Ben_Smith)

I hope we are all still here. I have started OHR Week 1 day 1. Its weird to be back at the beginning of something again. Continued good luck to all of you.

Stomp On

• ecuturtle Rookie 30 posts since
    Jan 1, 2008
    37. Feb 11, 2008 5:20 PM (in response to Mr_Tremor)

Mr_Tremor- Congratulations! That's fantastic. I hope you can get all the pledges for your 5K. What an awesome cause!

As for me, I've missed you guys! I have struggled the last couple of weeks to stay on the program and finish my runs. I had the bad one last week and then life took over, so I wasn't able to run until tonight. I started a new job in mid January and I am trying to get on schedule. Also, I have sort of backed away from finishing the schedule- not my intention, but at the end of week 8 I was running two miles in just over 30 minutes- so I just ran for distance tonight. I did have a few negative thoughts tonight, but I kept going. It felt great to get two miles in, especially after a long day. I had  work hard to get it in too because it was getting dark out. I can't wait for longer daylight hours... but then it gets hot One day I will have it all figured out.

Anyway, my goal tonight is toget a new "schedule" together, printed, and up on the wall. It helps me stay focused when I have a visual reminder around. I've also included some of the encouraging things people have said here- it helps on the days I just want to plop down on the couch after work.

Thanks for all your support Beachbum, Needmath and Bonea (I know I said that last name wrong! Sorry!). You guys are awesome!

• rdy2rn Rookie 7 posts since
    Dec 16, 2007
    38. Feb 12, 2008 8:51 PM (in response to ecuturtle)

Congrats to all who are finishing up this program and moving on!

After taking 3 weeks to finish week 6 (yes, 3---one week due to sickness)  I have finally made it and am moving on to week 7.  The 25 min. run seemed impossible, but I made it!  This after SERIOUSLY thinking about quitting.  I just didn't think I could do it -and was getting very discouraged in week 6the two 10 min. runs just were very hard for me---I made it thru the first ten fine, but the second 10 was soooo hard.  I have been really down the last few weeks, and am glad u are all here encouraging and proving it can be done.  Thank you!

I am just wondering though, to me, the first 10-12 min. seems to be the hardest, and then it just seems to be a little easier..............anyone else feel this way? 

Thanks!!

Jan 2, 2008
    39. Feb 13, 2008 10:25 AM (in response to ecuturtle)

ecuturtle- I did W6D3 today and found 25 minutes on the treadmill comfortable and no heavy breathing!  I never thought I'd see the day!  Its just unbelievable to me. But I did it.  Starting week 7 next week and I'm full of confidence that I"ll finish and go on to the next program.  I love these boards, and have found so much support here, I'd never have gone past week 4 without them.  Thanks all Couch Stompers!  The FINISHERS are right behind you to FINISH off the remains of the stomped couch and pound it to dust!

• 1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    40. Feb 14, 2008 7:49 AM (in response to Mr_Tremor)

Hi Stompers,

Well, I finished W9D2 yesterday and tomorrow I will graduate.  It was kinda funny cause my husband was running on a treadmill next to me...me at 4.5 and him at 7.5.  Yes, I am slow, and my face was RED. I didn't have any problems..the cold is almost completely gone and that made things a lot easier.

Mr. Tremor, Congrats on the Graduation!!!  OHR, yuh?  I still haven't decided.

Stomp On,

Carla

You know, this program sucks for keeping text the way you want it to look.  Colors that keep going, more returns then you put in, nothing lines up without messing with it.  SUCKS!!!

• BonaDea Rookie 19 posts since
    Jan 29, 2008
    41. Feb 14, 2008 9:58 AM (in response to BonaDea)

Week 7 has been stompped! 

A bit of a hard run today cause  I had a late night, so getting out of bed wasn't high on my list of things I wanted to do, but I did it anyway.  Feeling a bit tired now but i'll rev up again once I head off to work.

Dec 31, 2007
    42. Feb 14, 2008 1:04 PM (in response to Ben_Smith)

Good job guys. I wish you all the best. Keep Stomping!

• 1to1 Amateur 74 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    43. Feb 15, 2008 7:38 AM (in response to Ben_Smith)

W9D3  I GRADUATED TODAY!!!

It feels wonderful even though it is the third time for me completing the C25K.

I decided to do the OHR next...just like the idea of only jogging 3 days/week.

Keep up the great work everyone and take care.

Carla  

• needmath Rookie 57 posts since
    Dec 31, 2007
    44. Feb 17, 2008 7:43 PM (in response to Ben_Smith)

It's been a little while since my last post!  I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for the new week!  Well, last weekend I was out of town and my schedule was thrown off.  I did get to the local high school track and did w6d2.  Because of flight schedules and "life" I didn't get day 3 done until wednesday.  This was VERY hard.  I walked for about 30 seconds about 4 times throughout the whole 25 minutes.  On Friday I did day 1 of week 7.  I was able to complete this without any walking, WOO HOO!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...