Skip navigation

270270 Views 1,285 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 6:10 AM by Guest RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 86 Previous Next
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,319 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Feb 27, 2008 11:22 AM (in response to thefirecat)
    Re: Man You guys are boring today!

thefirecat wrote:

. . . So, Len? I was thinking on my commute this morning that our "lunch or a run date" is probably going to be lunch.

I was thinking that too.  The way I've been running lately I'd just slow you down anyway.  Actually I had a decent run today - first good one since my "17-miler".

Len

• cplmtz0121 We're Not Worthy 2,455 posts since
    Nov 1, 2007
    16. Feb 27, 2008 11:33 AM (in response to Immer treu)

LOL I got it from one of "Friends" episodes where Ross keeps getting messed with for having kissed a girl/guy

Hard-charging motivating Devil Dog

• HALOjen Legend 1,305 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Feb 27, 2008 11:39 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)

I consider this a coup!  I just talked my little brother into buying by Garmin Forerunner 305 off of me so that I can buy the new one when it comes out.  Anyone (ladies) notice how the 305 is NOT designed for a woman's wrist?  I have to strap the thing to my waist pack.  It actually bruises my wrist bone, you know that little bump one that sticks out?    I also talked him into running a half marathon with me in June.   I guess I can be very persuasive when I want to be.  What should I negotiate for next...hahahaha (evil laugh)!

I will run for cupcakes!!

Nov 1, 2007
    20. Feb 27, 2008 11:51 AM (in response to Myblueeyedgurl)

Plus y'all should know me better.  I ain't one to be skeered to tell embarrasing stories about myself.  Like this one:

Brenda and I just hanging out at our house, I'm getting ready to grill some burgers, getting the fire ready and stuff.  So I'm outside working on the fire and the coals seem like they're ready, nice and hot, so I close the lid of the grill as to conserve the heat and I head back inside to get the meat.  I come back out and open the lid, swosh this huge ball of fire rushes out and I duck just barely missing it.  "wow, that was close" I thought.  I put the the meat to grill and go back inside for a beer or something, Brenda is in the kitchen getting the side dishes ready.  She turns around and goes to give me a taste of something and looks at me and starts screaming "OMG Jesus!!  Are you ok? What happened?"  And I am just standing there wondering WTF?  What is wrong with this lady right?  She says, "don't you feel your face?  go look in the mirror"  So I go to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror and...WTF!!!  Half my facial hair is gone, eyebrows, lashes, part of my hair is cinched(sp?), half my face looks like I'm albino or something because it's all ashes and stuff.   No wonder I felt a little tingly sensation, almost as if I had gotten burnt or something....even my nose hairs were burnt!!!  But aloe vera gel made everything feel better, that and a couple of beers....LOL

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    22. Feb 27, 2008 11:59 AM (in response to cplmtz0121)

Jesus that story is good but i am still interested in hearing more about that night at the club, when you were young.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

Dec 15, 2007
    23. Feb 27, 2008 12:07 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

All right so there i was 12 years old or so. I was raised by some hillbilly a$$ people and took to their ways rather easily. I was around the back of the house on lifting weights on one of those old scholl bench machines. I had too much weight on the ar and it got stuck on my chest.  I was able to wobble the bar down to my waist and sit up and get out from under the dang thing.  This all came with a price as it caused me to have to pee really bad.  Instead of going in the back yard I ran around front to go inside (remember I was 12).  I had to go really bad and did not quite make it.  I ended up shooting a stream off the front porch.  A little old lady came driving by at that moment and reported me to the cops.  I thought nothing of it until they showed up to get the flasher.  I did not go to jail that day but I did have to face a female police officer and a little old lady screaming at me that I should have more respect for myself then to go slinging around my genitalia in front of the world.  Yes this was a traumatic experience.  I went from thinking I was going to be crushed, by light weight to being a very evil kid who shows his whanker to old ladies.

Jimmy

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    24. Feb 27, 2008 12:09 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Funny, we have a family legend about peeing off the porch too, Jimmy, and we're not from Texas!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• jersey-will Pro 87 posts since
    Feb 5, 2008
    25. Feb 27, 2008 12:09 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I went to a bar down in old Soho where they drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola, C -O -L -A ,cola. She walked up to me and she asked me to dance, I asked her  her name and in the backround voice she said Lola, L -O-L-A, Lola.

Nov 1, 2007
    26. Feb 27, 2008 12:12 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

LOL, that was a good one.  So did the old lady keep driving past ur house?....LOL  Same time, everyday that lady kept driving past Jimmy's house in hopes of seeing him again....LOL

Dec 15, 2007
    27. Feb 27, 2008 12:15 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

The day my boss thought I needed family counseling.

My wife and kids and I were going to go somewhere and the mini-van was parked under the carport area. My wallet was in my truck.  After putting the kids in the van I slung the door closed and proceeded to get my wallet out of the truck.  To my surprise as I slung the door closed and turned with the momentum to go to my truck, th3ere sat a pole.  My head hit it just right and down I went.  My wife did not even notice and came around a second or two later to see what I was doing.  I was on all fours trying to find my senses.  I had a small wound on my forhead and was bleeding like a 1980's wrestler who just got hit with a chair.

the story gets better because after dodging going to counseling that next day I encountered another event a few days later.  My oldest at the time was 5 and we were playing around and he kicked me dead on in my eye and the dang thing swelled up and turned purple.  The next day I had to go and prove that there was no domestic abuse occuring.  So my Ms. Suzy homemaker wife I have was whooping my Marine Arse all over the place.  Too funny.

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    28. Feb 27, 2008 12:15 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy D wrote:

Early one morning in the middle of the Night

2 dead men got up to fight

Back to back they faced each other

Drew their swords and shot one another

The Deaf policeman heard this noise

And got up to kill those 2 dead boys

If you don't believe this lie is true

Ask the blind man he saw it too!!!!!

The librarian in me wants you to cite your source for that and avoid plagerism.

Chocolate is very nice.
1 2 3 4 ... 86 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points