Skip navigation

264241 Views 1,285 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 6:10 AM by Guest RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Previous Next
  • FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Mar 5, 2008 4:02 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Re: Man You guys are boring today!

Aw, I was getting all excited about it.  So I take it, it's a figment of Immer's imagination.  I feel so gullible.

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    46. Mar 5, 2008 6:08 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

Well, low tide 11/9 will be closer to 4 AM, so the start  may have to move up.  We should have better than a half-moon.  So far, Jimmy hasn't provided info on the beer......It could be an amazing event, although the water temps in November make an October date sound better.  Keep hoping; maybe someday we'll see it on the race calendars, along with the return of the Camp Lejeune Marathon......

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,267 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    47. Mar 6, 2008 7:39 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

FormerBAM wrote:

Aw, I was getting all excited about it. So I take it, it's a figment of Immer's imagination. I feel so gullible.

Gullible is not right.  Maybe we're all figments of Immer's imagination, except you.  And this whole message board is concocted to make you think we're all real.  The people you met in October were all actors.  And highly paid ones since they had to run a marathon to get their money.

Len

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    48. Mar 6, 2008 8:17 AM (in response to Immer treu)

I am one of the few Marines I have met that actually drink beer for the flavor so with that being said we will have butt loads of Stroh's on hand. Last i looked you could still get an 18 pack for under 10 dollars. By the way I looked up the possibility of a Parris Island Marathon and was found to be a sucker.  In my defense though I have not been at my best the past few days.

Jimmy

This place is like home!!!!

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    49. Mar 6, 2008 8:26 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

lenzlaw wrote:
    FormerBAM wrote:

Aw, I was getting all excited about it. So I take it, it's a figment of Immer's imagination. I feel so gullible.

Gullible is not right.  Maybe we're all figments of Immer's imagination, except you.  And this whole message board is concocted to make you think we're all real.  The people you met in October were all actors.  And highly paid ones since they had to run a marathon to get their money.

There's a movie like that called "The Game" minus the marathoning, plus a mid-life crisis and lots of money.

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

Jan 18, 2008
    50. Mar 6, 2008 8:30 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

So Jimmy, what would be the reason for the rest of them to drink beer?

Len

Jan 18, 2008
    51. Mar 6, 2008 8:31 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

DCtoPgh wrote:
    lenzlaw wrote:
    FormerBAM wrote:

Aw, I was getting all excited about it. So I take it, it's a figment of Immer's imagination. I feel so gullible.Gullible is not right. Maybe we're all figments of Immer's imagination, except you. And this whole message board is concocted to make you think we're all real. The people you met in October were all actors. And highly paid ones since they had to run a marathon to get their money.

There's a movie like that called "The Game" minus the marathoning, plus a mid-life crisis and lots of money.

Money is good.

Len

Jan 23, 2008
    52. Mar 6, 2008 9:09 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

This particular topic got started as an icebreaker on a slow-posting day, with points for "interesting" posts, hence the Bigfoot, kryptonite, and ultimately the Parris Island Marathon (which also scores as an interesting potentially real event for anyone knowing the terrain)..........There really was a marathon at Lejeune before recent years' deployments and security issues put it on hold.  Marines, and soldiers have organized races in far worse conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan.   Maybe Jimmy can help get a bayou challenge run going, a relay from Brownsville to International Falls, or maybe a hash run up the Mississippi......

Dec 15, 2007
    53. Mar 6, 2008 9:27 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    lenzlaw wrote:

So Jimmy, what would be the reason for the rest of them to drink beer?Len sad to say it is the same reason 18year old coolege students drink, to get really drunk!  The trend is slowly but surely changing.

Jan 18, 2008
    54. Mar 6, 2008 11:01 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy D wrote:
    lenzlaw wrote:

So Jimmy, what would be the reason for the rest of them to drink beer?

Len sad to say it is the same reason 18year old coolege students drink, to get really drunk! The trend is slowly but surely changing.

That's what I figured.  When i was in the Army there were two groups: the drinkers and the smokers (not talking tobacco here) and a few who did neither.  And that was the reason then, too.

Len

Dec 15, 2007
    55. Mar 6, 2008 11:38 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

The good thing is like I mentioned the trend is slowly changing.  At least that is good for me because more people but good beer for gatherings.  Most events I go to are BYOB.

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    56. Mar 6, 2008 3:24 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    lenzlaw wrote:

That's what I figured.  When i was in the Army there were two groups: the drinkers and the smokers (not talking tobacco here) and a few who did neither.  And that was the reason then, too.

Sounds like my kind of place to do my substance use research!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• JerryX Legend 851 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    57. Mar 6, 2008 7:35 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Immer treu wrote:

Kryptonite discovered along Beijing marathon course: Meb's agent furious!

Donald Trump makes bid for Pentagon

Sasquatch makes first official trail ultra entry

Gatorade officials deny report of Powerade at corporate retreat

Marathon officials refuse medal to infant born on course, call him bandit

Immer...you are anything but boring...my mind just exploded.

Happy Running!

Jan 23, 2008
    58. Mar 10, 2008 9:12 AM (in response to JerryX)

US Olympic Training Centers Nearly Ready

Citing the need to prepare for expected Beijing weather and atmospheric conditions, officials have announced that selected athletes meeting qualifying standards in the 5k, 10k, and marathon runs, racewalkers, cyclists, and triathletes will begin living and training in the first two facilities completed, the western US site near the intersection of Euclid Avenue and Atlantic Street in Los Angeles, and the still unnamed facility southwest of Nederland, Texas, with its satellite tracks in Port Arthur and Beaumont.  Officials themselves will supervise  electronically from Malibu and Austin, thereby winning green points.

Jan 23, 2008
    59. Mar 12, 2008 7:23 AM (in response to Immer treu)

USOC officials today announced that Olympic Trials qualifiers would be supplied with Tsingtao to prepare for Beijing, rumors that the committee felt  Yuengling sounded "Chinese enough" being laid to rest.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points