Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1296 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2008 8:07 PM by earlytorun RSS
earlytorun Rookie 2 posts since
Mar 7, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 10, 2008 8:07 PM

Injury Recovery

Hello Fellow Runners!  I recently developed knee strain.  Thanks to the information available on this site I have determined that my IT Band is acting up.  The recommendation is to get lots of rest and cut back on my miles.  My question is are non-impact aerobic activities , like the elliptical machine or spin class, considered "rest" for the IT Band?  If not, do you have other recommendations for things I can do to stay active while waiting, not so patiently, for this injury to heal itself?  Thanks!  (Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate.  I (thought I) posted this question last night, but I can't find it anywhere this morning.  So, being new to this, I don't know if it just isn't approved yet or if I managed to hit the wrong keys ...or miss the right ones

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...