Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

246452 Views 1,829 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2008 10:05 AM by michaelmack33 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 122 Previous Next
  • RKHII83 Pro 166 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1,755. Mar 21, 2008 12:22 PM (in response to NHSenior)
    Re: The iPod conflict brews in racing

Squeak!!!!!

Good boy.

Sit Ubu, sit.

• parkerand susan Legend 363 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    1,756. Mar 21, 2008 2:58 PM (in response to NHSenior)

Look Batman..the Bat signal shines above Gotham City once again...that psycopathic villian The Old Bad Joke must be back in town...creating dispair and headache with his numskullduggery and blabbering nonsequitors...should I fire up the Bat Mobile and call Team Ipod?? Or do we just hold out till he expires??

Oct 17, 2007
    1,757. Mar 21, 2008 3:20 PM (in response to RKHII83)

And RK ..I have made it abundantly clear and taking into account your Dead Head...the slobbery old chew toy is mine ..

To play with the knawed on ducky you must ask Batman for permission...the toy is crumbley, worn out and easily broken...it must be treated as slightly retarded, quite senile, and exremely disfunctional...I'll get you another Bonehead to knaw on...this ones too soft and old...better that I gum him slowly and gently so he doesn't fall apart...personally I hate to engage crazy people, lost dogs and car salesman..just not sport for me...must we reurgitate more NH cud for chaw'en?

Sun Tzu..await chaos with calm..create silence to prepare for noise..this will bring order to the Ipod spirit...

Bring your younger children close to the computer screen and in hushed tones warn them that the hoary old creature lurking inside doesn't exist unless we want it to...he exists only as misspellings, disjointed sentences and blattering non sequitors on a screen page...if we chose, and at our bidding Team Ipod.. he can exist..or do we cast his chewed up carcass in the cyber waste bin for Tues. pickup? This is a democracy..so as the Romans do..is it thumb up .. or thumb down on misery incarnate??

• Runner Chick'en Pro 145 posts since
    Jan 24, 2008
    1,758. Mar 21, 2008 3:56 PM (in response to NHSenior)

<<<As I have stated many times way back, I truly appreciate and understand what our military folks do for us. They deserve nothing less than our full support and honor for what they do.

However, speaking of honor, you get no points for your association or kinship with your brother for the honor he "deserves". Your honor is sullied and unfortunately, once sullied it can't be recovered. Don't you remember being told as a youngster not to do or engaging in things that might haunt you later and perhaps for the rest of your life>>>

My honor is in perfect place NH, I simply do not have the issues with honor that you seem to have.  Nothing haunts me for I have done nothing wrong.

<<<Perhaps if when you feel like you have accomplish something laudable but are upset that someone tosses that aside as being of value, you might re-think your attitude toward how people perceive unacceptable social behavior. When you are a rule breaker and can't be trusted or are a defender of same, there are people who will cut you out of decision processes that effect your life and you may never even know it. People who have reason to include others in social or employment activities quite often discount people they can not trust>>>

My attitude is not bad, what twists your knickers is that I refuse to agree with you.  I don't care if you think my accomplishments are valuable or not, what really matters is that they are valuable to me.  You can't break me and that drives you up that big wall and right back down again   People such as yourself thrive on bringing others down and people like me enjoy watching you continue to hit your head against the wall when you can't...lol...

As for myself and my Ipod, I have yet to find a race in this area that doesn't want me, my money and my support.  I have yet to break any anti-Ipod rule, something you want to keep in mind when making accusations such as, and I quote 'It's you who started this by doing what you should not do'.  One would think that someone that talks about honor would not want to try to pass a fib off as the truth.  You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out

Oct 17, 2007
    1,759. Mar 21, 2008 4:24 PM (in response to Runner Chick'en)

Congratulations on the return of Brother Chick'en..thk him for me...

Maintain your righteous Ipod stupor and ignore the crab apple growing in the compost heap....he's only there for us to feel superior to..it's his life's work

Oct 17, 2007
    1,760. Mar 21, 2008 4:26 PM (in response to lahrunner)

Heh lah runner...whaz up gurl? how black is them toes?...you can come out of hiding...I will protect you from the perverts...

Jan 24, 2008
    1,761. Mar 21, 2008 4:42 PM (in response to parkerand susan)

Thanks Parker and you can bet I will tell him  

I know your right but I admit that sometimes it can be fun to poke the rabid dog otherwise known as NH

Oct 1, 2007
    1,762. Mar 21, 2008 7:18 PM (in response to NHSenior)

>>It's not that complicated. You either honor what you agree to or you don't. It is a black and white subject.

Well hallelujah - after 118 pages you get it.  If the race allows ipods, they can be used.  And you have to live with that because that is what you agreed to.  And your opinion is forfeit because you knew the rules governing ipod use going in.  And if the race doesn't allow ipods, don't look for me - I won't be there.  And your opinion on that is also forfeit because your opinion matters not a whit.

>>It was never about the inanimate "thing" (the ipod). It was about the person using it and then as the true colors of the character of those persons using the ipod came through they started selling away their moral values to justify going back on their word.

You stupid, stupid man.  How ironic that you now have spun the very web that snared you.  Through your 118 pages of lies and non-facts and made up stories and exaggerated personal experiences re ipod users and injuries they have caused.  Underscored by your repeated refusal to provide any objective factual information to bolster your conjecture.

You may be 64 years old, but you are woefully unlearned and lack the faculty to step in the ring with me in a discussion about the philosophical leanings of Kierkegaard or Nietzsche.  That said, your demonstrated persona and delusional meanderings through the past ~1750 posts paints you as a picture perfect image of what Kaufman posited as 'existential'.

>>You can continue to try to convince them and yourself with your claim of a high ground because you disapprove of inflammatory rhetoric, but there is no salvaging a squandered character or trust. Words are just words, but actions are actions. People of real character don't buy the smooth talk bit. They go on actions. Sticks and stones....

Go back and reconstruct our exchanges - look and see who went to the mat first with "inflammatory rhetoric" in response to a polite request for facts.  Only to find out that you are inept on that mat.

Now go home and try to salvage your squandered character - oops, no can do.  Why salvage a self-scuttling ship?

I'll give you a few hours to google existentialism and try to construct some overly pedantic burble.

Until then, fetch my slippers.

Oct 1, 2007
    1,763. Mar 21, 2008 7:36 PM (in response to parkerand susan)

Hey parker -

Glad to see you back.  Looks like the chew toy, okay YOUR chew toy, couldn't bear to stay away and needed to come back for another thrashing.

I have given him some homework and it will probably take a while for him to get his googling done.  Then a few hours to type some drivel and run it by his imaginary friends for review and approval.

And then the beatings will commence anew.

I am out tomorrow for an 11 miler - with no expectation whatsoever.  I'm approaching this as a kind of a yardstick run.  Did a 55:21 10K last week - happy I managed a high 8s pace, but there was absolutely nothing left.  Nothing.  If you had handed me Garcia's Alembic and told me I could have it if I could carry it for another mile I couldn't have done it.

Mayhaps, the thread's Northern Blight will go out and try to get Mary (or some other sycophant) to come back.

If you get to quote Sun Tzu, I get to throw down some adapted Max Ehrmann

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story."

And then call in suppressive air strikes and kill them.

• lahrunner Pro 103 posts since
    Dec 21, 2007
    1,764. Mar 24, 2008 9:37 AM (in response to parkerand susan)

parkerand susan wrote:

Heh lah runner...whaz up gurl? how black is them toes?...you can come out of hiding...I will protect you from the perverts...

Hey Parker,  my toes are better....lookin' more multi-racial these days.  A couple more toe nails are getting ready to jump ship.  I like showing them off - my marathon badges of honor!

I see you, the Prof. and Miz Chick'en Thang are still going to battle with that pathetic, nasty old man.    You know, I've come across some pretty unpleasant people in my  life.....spent time working in the movie biz where there are some real doozies when it comes to ill manners, but NH takes the cake in maliciousness.   He's an insult and embarrassment to all runners.   He is the poster ogre for an Emily Post flunkie and he makes Simon Cowell look like Prince Charming.   I tell my 12 year old daughter to stay away from people like NH, so I'm taking my own advice.   This thread was my first experience being part of an online discussion.  It's been fun and great to meet interesting, bright people like you, Prof. RK, sgray, WayneD, Jay and Runner Chick'en.   Unfortunately, Nasty Hemorrhoid,  has been.....well...just that....an annoying nasty hemorrhoid on this thread.

The L.A. Marathon reminded me that the majority of runners, volunteers and race organizers are not like NH.  And considering the number of marathons that attract 20,000+ runners, his sick, misanthropic attitude has no chance in h*ll of impacting my life as an iPod wearing runner.   

Rock on, Team EyePod!

Jan 24, 2008
    1,765. Mar 25, 2008 4:24 AM (in response to lahrunner)

Glad to see you Lahrunner!  I am always happy to see another runner come out of one of those famous Ipod comas  

There are people in this world that feel the need to drag people back down to their level, NH is but one.  People like that usually have something they hate about themselves and thus, they feel that everyone else should be as unhappy as they are.  All we can do is say a prayer for NH and hope that he finds healing and happiness.

Glad to hear the toes are better.  Another good reason for me not to run a marathon...lol...  I am almost ready for my 25K.  What really sucks is that I was almost ready to run it last year and then I tore my right hamstring.  That caused a whole list of problems, the most pain though was caused by the sciatica.  Thankfully I am healthy...well healthier now   So it looks like the 25K is a go, all I have to do is finish my training and make up a nice Ipod playlist for the race   Cause I plan on rocking my way to the finish!

• WayneD Expert 59 posts since
    Sep 5, 2007
    1,766. Mar 25, 2008 4:49 AM (in response to Runner Chick'en)

Glad to see the toes are better LAHrunner! I was shooting for a half this year and when I went to the running store for new shoes they told me if I was going to start training for a half, I would need to buy shoes a half size bigger. They said any single run over 10 miles causes your feet to swell and the bigger shoe compensates for the swelling and prevents your toe nails from getting squeezed in the process. It doesn't look like I will get to do the half this year, I've been suffering from an IT Band problem, now I can't do more than 6 miles at a time without pain.:_|  That's what I get for running in the snow all winter!

Just signed up for 2 events for April and May that I have never participated in before. Both events have no rules against IPODS. It's pretty much a non issue for me so far.

Rock on!

WayneD

Jan 24, 2008
    1,767. Mar 25, 2008 7:17 AM (in response to WayneD)

I haven't had any problems with races not being Ipod friendly around here either.  If I run into one then I guess I will cross that bridge then but for the time being, I think the RDs around here realize that a majority of their runners are going to use some type of music device so embrace that rather then fight it.  And that bodes very well for me

Sorry to hear about the IT problem.  I have had a few issues due to my running in and on the snow   Such is life in Michigan! 

• WayneD Expert 59 posts since
    Sep 5, 2007
    1,768. Apr 1, 2008 3:37 AM (in response to WayneD)

It starts with simple headphones and now this.....

If USA Track & Field has its way, we could all be wearing helmets in our next 5-K or marathon. (Well, at least the larger ones.)

A proposed amendment to the 2009 Rules of Competition, being debated by the governing body's Long Distance Running Division, states that...

Persons in any USATF-sanctioned running event with 500 or more participants shall be required to wear a protective helmet that meets or exceeds the CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission) standards, as set by the federal government. The helmet must be securely fastened to the participant's head and must not block or impair the participant's field of vision. The helmet must be worn at all times during the event.
         Failure to adhere to any of these requirement will result in penalties up to and including disqualification.

http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/?cm_mmc=training-_-2008_04_01-_-training-_-NEWS%3a%20Helmets%20for%20Runners

WayneD

Jan 24, 2008
    1,769. Apr 1, 2008 4:13 AM (in response to WayneD)

Something this stupid has to be an April Fools joke.  I mean these people would never be stupid enough to suggest that runners should wear a helmet when running a race, right?  Although they are the same people that banned, well passed a rule that COULD ban music devices from races because of something that MIGHT happen so who knows what crazy ideas they might think up.  This seems pretty extreme, it has to be a joke

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...