Skip navigation

3675 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2008 10:06 PM by Keesaneping RSS
Lesley Oz Amateur 7 posts since
Apr 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2008 8:28 AM

Anyone been recruited?

Has anyone had any experience with recruiting? What was your experience like? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

• Jeanne Lynam Amateur 20 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    1. Apr 29, 2008 10:44 AM (in response to Lesley Oz)
    Re: Anyone been recruited?

These two blog posts are from former college softball players about their experience with recruiting and advice. There is a whole blog, where these two are from, with posts from different college athletes. I just stumbled upon it, but it's pretty cool. It's called From the Trenches.

Here is a link: http://community.active.com/blogs/fromthetrenches

Trish's Story

Becky's Story

• Andre_sp SportsPowerStaff 236 posts since
    Aug 29, 2007
    3. May 1, 2008 8:08 AM (in response to Lesley Oz)

Being recruited for me was a whirlwind in itself, I was being recruited for Football though which is a whole other ballgame.  I would say just to make sure the school fits you as a person and ask ALOT of questions when you talk to coaches or when visiting the school

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    4. May 5, 2008 8:55 PM (in response to Andre_sp)

My Advice:

• Coaches are always watching to learn more about you, which means on and off the field. Be on your best behavior at all times.

• Put time and energy into the process. If coaches don't come to you - go to them.

• Do your research. Look into lots of schools and then narrow them down as you go.

• Be honest with coaches and demand the same honesty from them in return.

• Choose a school that you will enjoy even if you aren't playing a sport. You never know what could happen. It's important to pick a school, not just an athletic program.

Good luck!

Sara

• Keesaneping Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 29, 2008
    5. May 5, 2008 10:06 PM (in response to Lesley Oz)

In my senior season at a school I was recruited to, I am now doing a lot of work in attracting recruits on their visits, so can say I have experienced a lot on both ends. Keep in mind that they are always going to make the school look it's best. I always like when I am asked the hard-hitting ,honest questions, and personally wish I had gotten to spend more time with the teams I was being recruited to off the field, and gotten to ask questions about them as a team. Try making a list of questions about things that are important to you, and asking them to members of the current team to help you make your decision. Ask more than one team member the same question. Best of luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points