Skip navigation

3227 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2008 9:23 AM by jbrowshsptv RSS
SportsGrl21 Amateur 23 posts since
Apr 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2008 4:52 PM

What level would you prefer to coach?

I think I would prefer to coach youth and to pass down the knowledge and passion I acquired during my playing years. I think it'd be fun to see a little girl get her first hit or catch her first out. How about you? What level would you prefer to coach?

• RedLinetoMax Amateur 7 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    1. Apr 17, 2008 10:16 PM (in response to SportsGrl21)
    Re: What level would you prefer to coach?

I've never coached before. But I think if I had to pick what age I would like to coach the most, I think I'd go for khoury league age right around the time they are just starting up... but after tee-ball and coach-pitch. I'm on the same page as you; seems like a prime time to solidify good fundamentals and instill the important values that come along with team sports.

• webgem09 Amateur 10 posts since
    Apr 3, 2008
    2. Apr 22, 2008 8:32 PM (in response to SportsGrl21)

I'd like to coach high school girls. I would really enjoy prepping them for college ball and helping facilitate the recruiting process. It's such a pivotal time in the career for young ladies looking to continue playing. I think I would handle that challenge and responsibility well.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    3. Apr 28, 2008 1:19 PM (in response to webgem09)

I agree. I like coaching high school kids. In my opinion, the toughest age to coach is middle school.

• Andre_sp SportsPowerStaff 236 posts since
    Aug 29, 2007
    4. May 1, 2008 8:21 AM (in response to SportsGrl21)

I love coaching at the college level, we can hand pick the kids we want to deal with.  We target kids with a certain mind frame and attitude, therefore we do not have to worry about character issues etc.  Because we know what we are getting the day they step on campus.  Some exceptions do occur, but for the most part it makes for easier coaching as you know you have kids that fit what you want in a player/student.

• jbrowshsptv Expert 34 posts since
    Mar 3, 2008
    5. May 1, 2008 9:23 AM (in response to SportsGrl21)

I've always enjoyed high school.  I like the challenge of being given a small pool of players to pick from then figuring out strategies that play to their strengths.  Also in my experiences even though there is some talk back and typical teenage angst they are willing to listen and they are at an age where they understand the sport and are able to play it, but they still have room to learn and grow as athletes and people

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points