Skip navigation

264390 Views 1,323 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2011 6:58 AM by Immer treu Go to original post 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 89 Previous Next
  • Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    375. May 5, 2008 12:09 PM (in response to Immer treu)
    Re: Marathon Haikus

|

Immer treu wrote:

Thanks Jimmy! See the week's races thread for more info please; it's still a work in progress......I MIGHT drive 10 hours to the right run, but can't imagine trying to drive ten hours AFTER a Sunday marathon. How's Oklahoma looking?

Oklahoma is looking great.  I like that it is a small race and 3 loops around alake.  The course only changes about 20 feet in elevation the whole course and the field is small.  It is a 6 hour drive from my Mom-in-Laws and being on a Saturday it will be nice.  I will drive to my mom-in-laws Thursday, OK City Friday and then race Saturday and drive back that evening.  I am thinking we might swing by on the way home and do dinner with Nita and her Hubby.  My legs will want that breather at that point.  I see they are altering some of the times maybe that is nice for you guys.  Super run, once again.

Jimmy

Run Crazy Jimmy

Around the Indian Lake

Payne's spirit with you!!!!!

It is the Andy Payne memorial run.  Immer educate the general public on his history. 

This place is like home!!!!

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    376. May 5, 2008 12:21 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

http://members.cox.net/andypayne/  The story on the website (at the bottom of the page)  is a pretty good summary.  I read some old accounts of the Bunion Derby in the 70s and have always since thought he was pretty amazing.  http://www.itvs.org/footrace/runnerbio/featuredrunners/andypayne.htm  The Great American Footrace website is even better.

Jan 23, 2008
    377. May 5, 2008 12:38 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Moving faithfulness

Spirit lifting hyped event

Beyond fame and wealth

Dec 15, 2007
    378. May 5, 2008 12:46 PM (in response to Immer treu)

We all run our best

When no one is watching us

But fans really rock

The crowds at MCM are awesome for you newbies!!!!

|

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    379. May 5, 2008 1:21 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Twenty six point two

Run each race steady and true

Pride lasts forever

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
  • Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    380. May 5, 2008 2:29 PM (in response to MCM Ron)

Marathon?  Go on

I have yet to run a race

Named for a dead guy

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    381. May 5, 2008 2:53 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

CrazyRunner262 wrote:

| |

. I will drive to my mom-in-laws Thursday, OK City Friday and then race Saturday and drive back that evening. I am thinking we might swing by on the way home and do dinner with Nita and her Hubby.

Hey, I didn't know you were running this one, Jimmy.  That sounds like an awesome plan to me.  We can meet you in Dallas for dinner on your way back or y'all can come by the house and we can cook out and have a beer or three.  Let me know if you want to.  I don't think we have soccer tournaments that weekend now.  We were supposed to be in Lubbock for a tourney, but it's looking like it will not happen.

Dec 15, 2007
    382. May 5, 2008 3:13 PM (in response to FormerBAM)
    CrazyRunner262 wrote:FormerBAM wrote:

>                

>                >                

\

\

. I will drive to my mom-in-laws Thursday, OK City Friday and then race Saturday and drive back that evening. I am thinking we might swing by on the way home and do dinner with Nita and her Hubby.

Hey, I didn't know you were running this one, Jimmy. That sounds like an awesome plan to me. We can meet you in Dallas for dinner on your way back or y'all can come by the house and we can cook out and have a beer or three. Let me know if you want to. I don't think we have soccer tournaments that weekend now. We were supposed to be in Lubbock for a tourney, but it's looking like it will not happen.

I run really far

Drive to Texas in my car

Drink beer with a friend

Nita that is a stretch of a haiku but it sounds good in writing.  Will cement plans later on.

Jimmy

What did the doctor say?|

|

Aug 21, 2007
    383. May 5, 2008 3:56 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Sounds good on the plans.

Doctors are idiots.  He said he felt some vein thingie or something in my leg, so he wanted a doppler to rule out a blood clot first (huh?!)  So I did the dopper ultrasound today.  He's waiting on the results, but I already have them (because the technician's daughter and my daughter play sports together -- small town advantage).  Next up will be an MRI.  He said he doesn't think it would be anything with the bone since it resolves (partially) as I run on it.  In other words, hit or miss, trial and error, ruling sh!t out until we find out what it is, it heals up on its own, or my insurance runs out...

Typical craap.

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    384. May 5, 2008 4:25 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

FB:

Do you watch "House"??  Differential diagnosis - keep guessing until you get it right!!  Good news re no problem suspected with the bone.

• Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    385. May 5, 2008 6:17 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

Well if it is a shin splint, what's worked for me is not even trying to run (or even slow jog) for 1-2 weeks. Sorry, but yours is sounding like the 2 week variety. Get your exercise through swimming, cycling, in a few days elliptical might be okay, if (when) walking doesn't hurt that seems like safe exercise too. If it isn't a shin splint, then beats the double-a craap out of me. Feel better daamn it!

Aug 21, 2007
    386. May 5, 2008 6:22 PM (in response to Courir26)

Thanks, Craig.  I've diagnosed myself.  It is a posterior shin splint.  There's nothing else that fits.  If only I didn't have the tingly numbness running down my inside calf and into the arch of my foot, it would be more tolerable.  At any rate, I just ran three miles.  After the first quarter mile, it felt better.  Hopefully won't be worse tomorrow.  I'm icing now (which I hadn't really ever done until last night... I know!)  I'm starting to think taking it easy -- REAL easy -- for 10 days or so will make things much better.  Daamit.

• Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    387. May 5, 2008 6:30 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

Yeah, I just saw the super-jumboliah (no idea how to spell that) message on another thread. Well if you can do that, a week or so might do the trick. And when you're really ready to start up again (NOT YET!!), make the first couple recovery jogs (yes "jogs", not "runs") really slow and short. In the meantime, cross-train and/or rest daamn it!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    388. May 5, 2008 8:26 PM (in response to FormerBAM)

Nita, is the the doctor that's good, the one you trust?  If not wait for the other one.

Jan 23, 2008
    389. May 6, 2008 9:54 AM (in response to dutch omi)

Runners who can't run

Know deaf  Beethoven's music

Still played in his mind

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 89 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...