Skip navigation

11855 Views 35 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2010 1:30 PM by classicallytrained 1 2 3 Previous Next
Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
Jan 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 10, 2008 4:00 PM

Happy Day of All Mothers!

With special wishes tomorrow to:

All mothers of Marines

All Marine mothers

All Marine Marathon mothers

All mothers of marathoners

All marathoning mothers

• Lauren Loves Tasty Cakes... Legend 845 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. May 10, 2008 5:06 PM (in response to Immer treu)
    Re: Happy Day of All Mothers!

Well put, Immer!  You would not believe the number of men running around the mall today in search of gifts.  One gentleman in particular sticks out in my mind.  He was in the store, and he had all three of his sons with him.  I would guess they were all somewhere between five and eight.  And they were borderline incorrigible.  I would actually have been upset with him if he had been one of those detached parents who just didn't care.  Bless his heart, he looked like he was in shell shock.  As he was paying, I told him, "you know, I bet having today to herself is a nice treat on its own."  He looked at me blankly and said, "I'm going to have a nervous breakdown."

• Kbear74 Legend 416 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007

Oh that is funny.  I think sometimes it is good from them (dads) to experience it if they aren't used to it.

Proud mom and Athena runner. Kara (and Jman)
  • Kbear74 Legend 416 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007
    3. May 10, 2008 5:09 PM (in response to Kbear74)

And thank you Immer. 

Proud mom and Athena runner. Kara (and Jman)
  • Courir26 We're Not Worthy 1,968 posts since
    Feb 4, 2008
    4. May 10, 2008 5:26 PM (in response to Kbear74)

Happy Mother's Day Nita, Lee, CurlyJ, Kara, Kathy, Karen, Omi, Ruby, and all of the other running moms out there! Enjoy your day!

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    5. May 10, 2008 5:42 PM (in response to Courir26)

Thanks Immer & Craig!  I spent today with my mom.  She just got an ipod shuffle to run with and loves it.  I warned her to be careful & pay attention to cars and stuff.  We had Lebanese food for lunch, looked at irises (flowers, not eyeballs), played Irish tunes together, and generally hung out. I was glad I could give her a big hug and tell her I was lucky to have her.  My college girls sent me mother's day cards. I hope everyone's mother's day is wonderful!

Chocolate is very nice.
  • lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,422 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008

Let me add my well wishes to Immer's.  Happy Mother's Day, particularly to the runners and all our friends on the board.

Len

• Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    7. May 11, 2008 6:46 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

Happy Mother's Day mom!!!!!!!!!

|

This place is like home!!!!

• FLKaren Legend 1,195 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    8. May 11, 2008 8:06 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

That's funny, Lauren. My husband was not among those last minute shoppers. In lieu of a gift, he will be catering to my every whim today. I've gotten breakfast in bed, now it is off to the gym.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone else, too!

Dig deep, people, you can do it!
  • Colorado Dreaming Pro 73 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    9. May 11, 2008 8:16 AM (in response to Courir26)

I not sure how to quote  the message I'm responding to...still haven't got the hang  off this board, but I'm one of the other running "moms" (and I am an Oma as well) out there, so thank you for mother's day wishes and back to every other mom out there as well.

Colorado

P.S.  To the keeper of the MCM participant thread (I think Nita) - I'm in as well.  It will be my 3rd.  Have a great day everyone.

MCM 2010 -  Organization for Autism Research (OAR)

- Run for Autism  http://firstgiving.com/debbyandkendrasmith

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    10. May 11, 2008 8:40 AM (in response to Colorado Dreaming)

Happy Mother's Day to all the kind and beautiful women on the board. As a young woman, you are all such an inspiration to me- juggling careers, families and maintaining yourself and your health with running. I hope when my turn comes to raise a little one (little ones?) I'll be as awesome as you all are. I feel so fortunate to have you to model and learn from.

And an extra-special Happy Mother's Day to Nita because she's my marathon mom, always coaching me and cheering me on when it's needed most. She's so good at mothering, she's got some left over to share, and it is always very appreciated

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• staving off decrepitude Legend 1,193 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    11. May 11, 2008 10:35 AM (in response to Colorado Dreaming)

Colorado Dreaming wrote:

I not sure how to quote the message I'm responding to...still haven't got the hang off this board, but I'm one of the other running "moms" (and I am an Oma as well) out there, so thank you for mother's day wishes and back to every other mom out there as well.

Colorado

P.S. To the keeper of the MCM participant thread (I think Nita) - I'm in as well. It will be my 3rd. Have a great day everyone.

To quote the message you're replying to, after you hit reply and get the box for typing your reply in... At the top of the box is a happy face icon. Just to the left of the happy face is a couple of word bubbles. Click that and it puts the quote into the reply box for you.. Then you have to click under the quote box and type your reply. Otherwise your reply ends up inside the quote box.

Chocolate is very nice.
  • kmagaleski Legend 739 posts since
    Oct 24, 2007
    12. May 11, 2008 11:37 AM (in response to Immer treu)

Happy Mothers day to all of us moms and thank you to all people that appreciate their moms. I am having a stupendous day! Sleep in, nice easy run, catering by my kids and hubby and NO YELLING all day from the kiddles. Beautiful dinner to come- cooked by the very appreciated husband and sons, clean up by the ever grateful daughter- again - NO YELLING. THe only day better than mothers day is birthday. Happy day to all. Kathy

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    13. May 11, 2008 12:23 PM (in response to kmagaleski)

Happy mother's day to all you moms on this board.  You're absolutely wonderful.  I'm having the time of my life in NYC, we're here with our daughter, our little granddaughter who turned three, our son-in-law's parents, and our son-in-law's mom's sister and husband.  Went out to brunch, going out to dinner, I had a good run, got a great pin from our daughter and son-in-law, a pea pod with two pearls, what more can one ask for, and not only that, we're all in good health.

• Charlie!2 Legend 1,128 posts since
    Jan 21, 2008
    14. May 11, 2008 3:42 PM (in response to Immer treu)

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!  Hope you all had a wonderful day!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...