Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 3, 2008 2:55 PM

Weekly Walking Miles?

How many miles do you walk a week?

• tumbleweed64 Rookie 8 posts since
    Mar 9, 2008
    1. Mar 9, 2008 3:05 PM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: Weekly Walking Miles?

I am using a WW pedometer and it looks like just with around the house and at work I walk around 2 miles a day.  Then when it comes to week-end, being winter, it is not that much.  And I really coudl put in more walking since I live in the country on a dead-end road.  Now the weather is getting better.  I will be out-side more.

I have started a team, starting the 10th of March and the six of us collectively are going to walk across Kansas.  423 miles I believe.

• Jillymarie Amateur 8 posts since
    May 7, 2008
    3. May 9, 2008 4:32 PM (in response to saraallent)

I just started walking this week and I walked monday wednesday and friday and did 5 miles.

• tumbleweed64 Rookie 8 posts since
    Mar 9, 2008
    4. May 11, 2008 3:17 PM (in response to saraallent)

I average about 5 to 7 miles a day.  I just had a bad report on my DEXA (Bone Density) report.  I go to a Nurse Practioner who grew up with one of my boys.  So she really dishes it out to me when I am not doing what I am suppose to not do.  I had a negative reading 4 years ago.  I should be about -1.5 but I am -3.78 or so.  The negative count only went down like .25 but when you put it on the bell chart they use it looks really bad.  I had already set up some exercise with the Wellness Center.  Just had not started since was getting things ready for a trip to Lubbock, Tx this past week-end for a niece graduating from Law School.  My nurse TOLD me that I need to do some hard work on the hip like walking.  I walk but I need to add somethings more strenious to the hip.  Plus she put me on Actonel.  One pill a week.  Plus my chorlestrol is up to 251 and she wants it way down.  Old Age and I am falling apart.  I feel that these different groups I belong to will keep me in line and get into a better route.

• NiceGuyMike Rookie 2 posts since
    May 7, 2008
    5. May 17, 2008 5:38 AM (in response to saraallent)

I'm currently doing 40-50 miles per week, depending on what else is going on. I use a combination of my treadmill and local trails to keep my mileage up, as I work for pace and stamina for walking marathons and half-marathons.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points