Skip navigation

13951 Views 63 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2008 8:43 PM by Jimmy_D_Jarhead RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next
  • x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    31. May 6, 2008 11:59 AM (in response to badgergrl)
    Re: BEER EVERYONE!!!!!
    badgergrl wrote:

Good news! Today is the first work day over 70 in MN, so my boss decided to close the office at 2pm and take everyone out for a beer. I'm not going to argue with that!

Where do I apply?

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
  • Myblueeyedgurl Community Moderator 3,358 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    32. May 6, 2008 12:14 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Sounds Ideal Jimmy!! But I just don't think I am Marine material!

"You won?t lag behind, because you?ll have the speed. You?ll pass the whole gang and you?ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you?ll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. " - - Dr. Seuss
  • badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    35. May 30, 2008 11:35 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    CrazyRunner262 wrote:

Okay my quest for the day is now to hit the expo and then go find a six pack or so of some Alaskan Amber Ales.  I am in a location where they are sold and must have one.  Anyone else in the mood for a nice frosty beverage.  I am on vacation but I know it is Friday and will be 5 o'clock all over the place as the day goes on.  I plan on 2-3 tonight and 1-2 tomorrow.  Must keep my dreams alive.  Toby told me of a guy that ran Boston tis year and got lit up on the course.  Maybe someday I too will enjoy a race in that fashion.  True carb replacement at its finest.  I know that beer does add anything beneficial but the thought is good.

Jimmy

I will be joining you for a nice beverage this evening, although since Sex and the City movie comes out tonight, it will be a cosmo instead of a nice cold beer.

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    36. May 30, 2008 11:36 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    CrazyRunner262 wrote:

>True carb replacement at its finest.  I know that beer does add anything beneficial but the thought is good.

I was taking a tour of the Long Trail Brewery in Vermont many years ago and an employee was knocking one back during his lunch break.  His comment: "There's a sandwich in every beer!"  And dark beers (stouts, porters, nut browns, etc.) are supposed to offer some decent health benefits.  Check out http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--11564-0,00.html (swap #2)!  But somehow I'm not sure that I'd want to drink during Boston (a good hash run, on the other hand...).

• RunningStealth Amateur 13 posts since
    May 22, 2008
    37. May 30, 2008 11:54 AM (in response to JerryX)

I know it's 5:00 o'clock somewhere but not here yet. Just waiting for time to fly to go and bar b que and enjoy a cold beer and the weekend.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    39. May 30, 2008 2:40 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

All right it's 5:35, finished painting for the day, my glass of chardonnay is tasting mighty good.  Will have some more later with dinner.  Hope you're all having something good, it's Friday, I ran 6m this morning, felt great, than painted, not so great, and now getting ready to go out for dinner.  Have a great evening everyone.

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    40. May 30, 2008 3:27 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy the beer man.... Attached: My fridge before the Big Sur Marathon.  Recognize the bottle caps????????

BTW, the fridge was empty when I left.  I'm lucky I didn't run into rehab I guess.

I plan my west coast trips on where I can get the 'good stuff.'

A friend swears by Boont Amber which I can find in the Baltimore area.  But nothing tops Alaskan Amber.  I am jealous.

Enjoy your time. 

Attachments:
  • Lynx952 Amateur 8 posts since
    May 19, 2008
    41. May 30, 2008 6:40 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Molson ftw!

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    43. Aug 23, 2008 7:37 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I am Jimmy, and they're so darn cute, and that includes my daughter, I could scream.  The oldest one flew into my arms at the airport and Omi went all weak in the knees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...