Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6009 Views 26 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2008 6:05 PM by RunningStealth RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • Wilco Community Moderator 58 posts since
    Jul 8, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Dec 19, 2007 5:54 PM (in response to danadear)
    Re: 49.95 charge on credit card from Active.

I'll pass this on to one of the admins.

• SDMichael Rookie 97 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    16. Dec 19, 2007 6:00 PM (in response to Droop Yass)

Yup - especially here in SD, within earshot of Active's home. I can't think of a race I've run in San Diego that wasn't Active-only for registration. Even a little charity 5K put on by my employer for students, staff, and faculty was through Active.

• mikerose Amateur 100 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    17. Dec 19, 2007 6:04 PM (in response to Arrojo)

Arrojo wrote:

You all realize each post costs $1.00, right?

Ahhh! And they give us a $0.05 discount on every 50th post! That explains the 49.95 charge that keeps reoccurring!!

Thanks for the tip.

Mike

• Bugs34 Amateur 598 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Dec 19, 2007 6:19 PM (in response to Benj Deppman)

Benj, Drop in the marathon trainers thread. We miss you!

• demons666 Rookie 18 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    19. Dec 19, 2007 7:12 PM (in response to Wilco)

In all fairness to Active, I have used them since probably 2003 to register for 4-6 races each year and never had them charge me anything extra. On the other hand I'm always careful to not check any of the free gifts they offer at the end of race registration.

I check my credit cards online pretty regularly and just have not had any unexpected charges appear. Other than of course, the $1.00 posting fee per post.

• jcumming Amateur 704 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    20. Dec 19, 2007 7:15 PM (in response to muzicgrl)

Basically I jhave ust charged all my Active stuff on Dana Dear's credit card.  Didn't think she'd ever notice.

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    21. Dec 19, 2007 8:08 PM (in response to danadear)

Hey everyone,

If you are getting charged the $49.95 for Advantage and haven't had it fixed yet please private message me and I will get this done for you immediately.

Thank you.

Sara

• GOLFNSKI Rookie 104 posts since
    Oct 28, 2007
    22. Dec 20, 2007 5:25 AM (in response to SDMichael)

Dec 19, 2007 Re: 49.95 charge on credit card from Active.

ElDuderino Wrote:

Yup - especially here in SD, within earshot of Active's home. I can't think of a race I've run in San Diego that wasn't Active-only for registration. Even a little charity 5K put on by my employer for students, staff, and faculty was through Active

Well, Dude, I beg to differ.  I mailed my registration in to Carlsbad Marathon no problemo.  All you need top do is ask.  Not EVERYBODY has a computer and access to the internet.  Nobody wants to discriminate.  I track down the RD and ask for a mail-in and am usually accommodated.  Why support big brother?

• Active Luis Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 1, 2007
    23. Jan 4, 2008 11:20 AM (in response to danadear)

Active Advantage is a plus membership to Active.com.  This membership entitles members to discounts on future registrations, rebates, travel expense discounts, and savings with some of our big name partners such as GNC, Ticketmaster, and1-800-Flowers.com.

The membership itself is 100% optional and in most cases begins as a trial membership (unless the membership is purchased outright on the Active Advantage site.) When someone registers online for an event, league or activity through Active.com they are offered a 90 day trial membership to Active Advantage at the end of that registration.  If they click yes to accept the membership they are signed up for the trial membership and we subsequently send three informational emails: one at one week, one at 30 days, and one at 60 days called "Billing and Reminder Emails."

As stated in the offer, once the trial membership period is over the membership is extended for one year at the cost of $49.95.  Members are sent an email stating that this will happen when the trial period ends.  They are also given the choice to cancel the trial at any time by phone or email within the 90 days at no cost.  If they did not intend to sign up for the membership or are not 100% satisfied with the program, we can cancel the membership and issue a refund.

For more information on the benefits of Active Advantage, please go to www.active.com/activeadvantage.  If you would like to inquire about any specific instances, please email us at activeadvantage@active.com and we will be more then happy to assist you.

Luis M.

Assistant Manager, Customer Support

The Active Network, Inc.

• SDMichael Rookie 97 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    24. Jan 4, 2008 6:11 PM (in response to GOLFNSKI)

GOLFNSKI wrote:

Dec 19, 2007 Re: 49.95 charge on credit card from Active.

ElDuderino Wrote:

Yup - especially here in SD, within earshot of Active's home. I can't think of a race I've run in San Diego that wasn't Active-only for registration. Even a little charity 5K put on by my employer for students, staff, and faculty was through Active

Well, Dude, I beg to differ.  I mailed my registration in to Carlsbad Marathon no problemo.  All you need top do is ask.  Not EVERYBODY has a computer and access to the internet.  Nobody wants to discriminate.  I track down the RD and ask for a mail-in and am usually accommodated.  Why support big brother?

Good to know, thanks! Unfortunately I already registered for Carlsbad via The Borg.

• Amateur 16 posts since
    Dec 17, 2007
    25. Jan 4, 2008 6:37 PM (in response to SDMichael)

I'm going to run the Carlsbad half too. 

• RunningStealth Amateur 13 posts since
    May 22, 2008
    26. Jun 3, 2008 6:05 PM (in response to danadear)

When is the 49.95 charged to the card. Are you charged extra for applying for races online.  Where is the catch of the fine print where active will charge the extra amount. I noticed they asked if I would like to suscribe for magazines and I checked No.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...