Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2094 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2008 11:09 AM by Chi Lady RSS
ChrstKmb21 Amateur 25 posts since
Mar 11, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 28, 2008 10:11 PM

Supplements

ok so I love taking no-explode by BSN and hydoxycut hardcore but I want something stronger than the 2 of these... Does anyone know of anything that is stronger, but that will have the same function and effect as these 2? (no sugar please) thanks

• aswatson Amateur 25 posts since
    Jun 9, 2008
    1. Jun 9, 2008 1:45 PM (in response to ChrstKmb21)
    Re: Supplements

yes, I know of a superior supplement than no explode. Advocare offers muscle fuel & argenine extreme. Advocare has more unpaid pro endorsers (150) than anyone in the country. Check out my site www.humanvitamins.com & view the video on muscle fuel & view www.presentation4trainers.com . Advocare products are Guaranteed!! email is skwatson2@cox.net

• DenaliDrew Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 11, 2008
    2. Jun 14, 2008 8:18 PM (in response to ChrstKmb21)

It's all relative.  I'm a weight lifter converted into a distance runner, and in my years of strength training, I learned one important truth... What works for one may not necessarily work for another,  or not as well.

Speaking from experience, I've had great results with NO-Xplode.  I've tried other products (NO Shotgun, nanoVAPOR, Superpump250) but I always find myself coming back to all BSN products, including the new fat burner Atro-Phex.  Again, I've heard other people say it doesn't work for them.  It's all about body chemistry, but be advised, the effects that you're getting from NO-Xplode may be counteracted by Hydroxycut... Caffeine and nor-epinephrine work to constrict the blood vessels, while l-argenine works to expand.  Just something to think about.

Also, that's a ridiculous amount of caffeine that your consuming.  Be careful, and make sure that you drink plenty of water. Find what works for you, and stick with it, cycling off of it from time to time. 

• Chi Lady Amateur 12 posts since
    Jan 8, 2008
    3. Jul 8, 2008 11:09 AM (in response to ChrstKmb21)

I've been running for almost 30 years and have tried lots of things.  When I first started running marathons it was in the days when we only drank water - and  I did quite well.  I progressed though all sorts of powder drinks, gels and shot blocks, some I liked and some I didn't.  It really depends on how far you are running.  The formula that works best for me now is water for the first hour then start adding in some form of nutrition - whether shot block and water or gel and water or sports drink - or my current favorite which is an ounce of goji juice in water.  I discovered that when I had major energy problems.   Happy to answer any questions at hazel@stridebystride.com

Run More.  Effort Less.  Prevent Injury.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...