Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

81372 Views 521 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2008 2:44 PM by dave48326 Go to original post 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35 Previous Next
  • Crystal1219 Rookie 7 posts since
    Mar 20, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    360. Jun 12, 2008 1:39 PM (in response to Oscar's MumMum)
    Re: New folks

OH!:^0   Im blonde!

• stargal Expert 52 posts since
    Jan 24, 2008
    361. Jun 12, 2008 3:25 PM (in response to Vicki S.)
    Re: New folks.

Hello Vicki!  I've had a great week!  I started my running again this week and went back to week 4 of the C25K.  It actually was easier then I expected since I have been off for 2 weeks. Anyway I'll start week 5 on Monday and am looking forward to it. I've also added biking and weight lifting on my off days to help build up my muscles.  I just pray my neck stays in tact and I don't have another hurdle to get over before I make it through week 5.  I feel like I've been trying to get through week 5 for a month now, LOLLL

Welcom Tori!  This is a wonderful site and everyone here is so Awesome and friendly. You will see you will get any advice you need to help you get through this. I also run on the treadmill due to the heat right now.  I'm hoping by fall I'll be kicking but on some miles and will move  my runs outdoors.

I'm still planning on racing a 5K this fall and now I'm thinking I'll go for the Irongirl 10K next April. I'm very pumped up at the thought of be able to run a 10K!!

I hope everyone's having a great week!

• rebecca58103 Amateur 8 posts since
    May 23, 2008
    362. Jun 12, 2008 6:45 PM (in response to stargal)

Glad your neck is feeling better, stargal.

I just flew back to ND from FL for a visit and ran a 5k here.  Beat my best time by 3 minutes!  I finished in 26.5 minutes.

• Vicki S. Legend 262 posts since
    Aug 31, 2007
    363. Jun 12, 2008 8:20 PM (in response to stargal)

Hello all.    We are doing great.  You guys make me laugh and inspire me.    I would like to invite all to check out my blog.  Don't ask me how to get there (I'm not that technical)  so I work out instead I can do that at least.       It is new and like it says Welcome to my world.    

Stargal glad to hear you are up and running.    You go girl.    I really couldn't tell you what week I am on.   I can tell you the week I am doing is week 1 or 2.  Hey that's what my little guy is on. 

Welcome to all of the first timers.  Congrats rebbecca on your time.

Vicki

I think you can click on the blog icon and find me in there.

• Andrew Zuber Amateur 16 posts since
    Jun 9, 2008
    364. Jun 13, 2008 8:50 AM (in response to MammaBird)

I started running for Cross Country  last  year around August.

so its been almsot a year.

My fastest time was a 18:54 for my first year running in a 5K.

Ive been trying to run atleast 6 miles each day this summer for XC next year to get steady 18 or even a 17, but hard with 95+ degree weather.

So im a fairly new runner, trying to get fast, doing it as a sport/ thing to do when bored.

Livin in southeastern Georgia, in a small city, so its boring to run out of season, as i live 30 mins out of town by car.

Im new to this forum, but hello fellow  runners and good luck!

• Oscar's MumMum Amateur 36 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    365. Jun 13, 2008 9:47 AM (in response to Andrew Zuber)

Hello, Andrew.  Wow your times are fantastic.  To combat boredom on a long run, you could try to listen to books on your MP3 player.

• Andrew Zuber Amateur 16 posts since
    Jun 9, 2008
    366. Jun 13, 2008 9:49 AM (in response to Oscar's MumMum)

Where do i get these books? i have a Zune would it still work?

Jan 24, 2008
    367. Jun 13, 2008 12:50 PM (in response to Andrew Zuber)

Rebecca that is an Awesome time!  YOU GO GIRL!! How's the weather up there. Its hot as usual still down here.  Enjoy your visit!

Andrew, sounds like speed training is working very well for you. Good Job!

Vicki, thats so great your son is training to run with you. My sister wants to do a 5K with me so I sent her the C25K plan. Hopefully we will be running together someday.

I had good run today the went to chiropractor again. He gave me good adjustment so I'm thinking my neck is finally getting back to normal.  I'm doing biking and weight training on my off days now instead of just sitting around on my running off days. I'm enjoying the variety.

My husband has been so supportive. My treadmill faces a wall so I used to have different motivational phrases duct taped to the wall. Well, he got a cork board and put a mirror in the middle, then put stickers around the mirror that says You are Superstar!  Then he put motivational phrases and my mom's picture on the board since I'm planning on doing  the "run the race against cancer" .  I'm soooo lucky. He's awesome!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Happy Running!

• rebecca58103 Amateur 8 posts since
    May 23, 2008
    368. Jun 13, 2008 1:54 PM (in response to stargal)

Wow, your husband sounds awesome, how thoughtful.  Good for you crosstraining on your off days, i need to start doing that.

The weather is cold up here today and yesterday, 60 and lots of rain, the race was postponed for 30 minutes because of a thunderstorm.  It's supposedly warming up to 80 this weekend, but still not the heat in FL.  There was no water on the course, but there was no heat either, so I just buzzed right through it.

Jan 24, 2008
    369. Jun 14, 2008 7:16 PM (in response to rebecca58103)

Rebecca, yeah he is pretty Awesome. I'm lucky.   I'm enjoying the cross training on my off days more than I thought. Its kinda go me more focused. I've decided that I will do something 6 days a week with Sundays off.  I've been very good and haven't missed a workout yet. Amazingly I haven't let myself talk me out of working out especially after a long hot day at work like today.  I just came home changed my clothes and did it!    I was so proud of myself I went and bought me my first matching Nike running outfit, LOLLLL   Before today it was an old  tshirt and shorts I figure maybe it'll make me feel like a real runner if I look sporty, LOLLLLL

I'm glad you're enjoying your trip. Have fun and glad you were able to breeze through your race. That's AWESOME!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Happy Running, Angie

• Vicki S. Legend 262 posts since
    Aug 31, 2007
    370. Jun 15, 2008 6:33 PM (in response to stargal)

Hey Angie how are you doing.?  Yes you are lucky that he supports you. I think that is great.  My husband supports me as well only because of a neck surgery he doesn't run with me.   I try and aim for six days a week as well.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  You will be able to tell the difference with the lighter weight of clothes.

Congrats on coming home and then working out. That's wonderful.   Hey stop by an dcheck out my you can get a full update of happpenings in my world of training.

Rebbecca, keeep up the good work.

Mandy are you where these last few storms have hit.  If so take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family your family.

Jan 24, 2008
    371. Jun 16, 2008 4:58 PM (in response to Vicki S.)

Hello Vicki, I will check out your blog. That's too bad about your hubby and  neck surgery. That makes me a lil nervous. I'm still hving neck problems. Went to chiropractor today for ANOTHER adjustment!  I feel pretty good for a few days after my adjustments but then running seems to be knocking it out again. Dr is supposed to start me on strenthening exercises soon so hopefully that will help. I pray I never need surgery on it.   I am enjoying the 6 day training. I will run a 5K this year, but  next April there is a 10K Irongirl race I'm dying to do. So I'm hoping the 6 days training I'll be able to run 10K by then. 

I hope everyone is having a great week. Happy Running!

• Mandy_C Expert 54 posts since
    Mar 14, 2008
    372. Jun 16, 2008 6:41 PM (in response to Vicki S.)

I am kinda where the storms have hit, we have had rain pretty much non stop these past few weeks. It stopped raining tonight so I decided to go ahead and do the first day of the C25K again and do day two on Wednesday.  We thought we have avoided the tornados and last Thursday there was a tornado that was 10-15 minutes away from our house and my dad looked outside and saw another one forming right over our house by that on touched down 30 minutes away. We haven't had any real damage. I hope everyone is doing fine, my girl scouts are at day camp this week and I am with them so I am exhausted from being on my feet all day and I suprised my self when I ran. Stargal I will keep praying for you, I hope everything is going great for you Vicki.

Apr 17, 2008
    373. Jun 17, 2008 1:12 PM (in response to Andrew Zuber)

Hey Andrew.  One of the libraries here offers them.  http://www.morleylibrary.org/recordedbookspage.htm  I'd imagine you could buy some through Amazon or other online sources.  Check out the library link I provided for an overview and then check out Amazon or google MP3 & books or ebooks/eaudiobooks.  HTH.  Let me know how it works out for you.

Apr 17, 2008
    374. Jun 17, 2008 1:27 PM (in response to stargal)

Stargal, I know exactly how you feel about that new running outfit.  I bought an underarmour t-shirt to wear to my first race and it made a world of difference.  Now I want to go out and get more.  I feel so sporty in it.

1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...