Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

723 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2008 11:03 AM by Jay Silvio RSS
JennMoran Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 27, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2008 6:27 AM

Where do I go next?

Hi everyone,

I have been running for almost a year now and did the 10k run/walk program.  I love the idea of having my training mapped out for me so I know what I am doing and when.  So my question is what can I do next to keep me running and motivated?  I love the run walk programs because I never thought I'd run 2 miles let alone 4 and I was able to do that.  So any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jennifer:D

• jenniferbaker Amateur 57 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jun 22, 2008 8:41 AM (in response to JennMoran)
    Re: Where do I go next?

I like Jeff Galloway's programs. http://www.jeffgalloway.com

You can do the half marathon training program he has for your next step , or whatever you are comfortable with. 

Also, http://www.halhigdon.com has some training programs that are also great.

Good luck, and keep running!

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Jun 22, 2008 11:03 AM (in response to JennMoran)
    Re: Where do I go next?

Jennifer,

Welcome to active.com!  In order to stay motivated, it's a good idea to target a few races that you want to focus on each year.  That way you always have a long-term reason to get out and run each day.  In terms of developing a training calendar, I like the SmartCoach program that is linked on the Runner's World homepage.  Please let us know if you have any more questions or comments.

Good luck and happy running!

Jay

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...