Skip navigation

22271 Views 76 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2008 2:30 PM by kmagaleski 1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 21, 2008 6:17 PM

Everyone's next race?

What are others planning on running next? My next one that I call official is in Vermont at the end of January(I mean July). I plan on running a fast 2 mile race on July 4th. but the big event is in Vermont.

Jimmy

http://www.ultimatexc.com/JAY.html

This place is like home!!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Jun 21, 2008 6:14 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: Everyone's next race?

January????  I will run something July 4th.  There is a 10K at Washington's Crossing, and a 15K in Downingtown.  I haven't quite decided which to run.

Len

• Steelers21 Legend 592 posts since
    Apr 8, 2008
    3. Jun 21, 2008 7:00 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I am interested in running a July 4 10k, but will pass if it is 100 degrees

• Jay Silvio We're Not Worthy 1,775 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    4. Jun 21, 2008 8:09 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I've got nothing on my calendar until the Parks Half-Marathon on September 14: http://www.parkshalfmarathon.com/

That will likely be my tune-up race for the Baltimore Marathon.  I should probably find one or two smaller races in July and/or August to help keep me motivated and fresh.

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Jun 21, 2008 9:02 PM (in response to Jay Silvio)
    Jay Silvio wrote:

I've got nothing on my calendar until the Parks Half-Marathon on September 14: http://www.parkshalfmarathon.com/

That will likely be my tune-up race for the Baltimore Marathon. I should probably find one or two smaller races in July and/or August to help keep me motivated and fresh.

Pssst! Jay, check out the Autism Speaks 5K thread! (If you're in town for the 4th.)

My next race:  600 meters Wednesday night, if my right calf allows.  Then the 5K on July 4.  and then the Spirit of Gettysburg 5K a week later (I think that's when).

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    6. Jun 22, 2008 5:52 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

July 29th, baybee....when I race to the orthopod and hopefully get the all-clear. One month to go!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• x_39_and_holding_x We're Not Worthy 2,974 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    7. Jun 22, 2008 6:18 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

June 28th (I mean JUNE 28th), 26.2 -- Run Charlevoix!

Hoping for something better than 4:20.

Then if the weather cooperates, I'll be back in town for the 4th and try to run the Autism Speaks 5k (my FIRST non-high school cross country 5k!)

Obsessed with running and racing. It's all about the bling, baby! Suck it up and RUN!
  • FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    8. Jun 22, 2008 6:38 AM (in response to x_39_and_holding_x)

I've got the El Scorcho 25K that starts at midnight on July 20th coming up, but haven't been training, so we'll see.  Maybe I'll take Jimmy's advice and have fun, have a shot of Jack at each 3-mile lap, and call it a night/day/morning, whatever.  After that, it's MCM, San Antonio RNR half in November, the Houston marathon with my daughter in January (which, btw, is where I will BQ   )

• DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
    Aug 15, 2007
    9. Jun 22, 2008 8:51 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

I haven't decided on my next race, but at the very least I know I have a trail half 6 September and I'm hope to get a 5 or 10K in before then.

Jimmy, I ran my long run with Rich yesterday... if you meet up for Jay I really think you'll have a blast. He just finished first in his age group and 13th overall (those 13 including 2 women who ran in the Olympic trials) in a trail marathon two weeks ago.... change in elevation was 6500 feet! 

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    10. Jun 22, 2008 8:52 AM (in response to FormerBAM)

My next one is the Montreal half marathon as prep for Chicago and then of course, there is the Disney Princess Half Marathon, and most importantly my granddaughter's 100 yard dash.

• badgergrl Legend 738 posts since
    Jan 17, 2008
    11. Jun 22, 2008 11:45 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I'm thinking of doing another 10k on July 14th (or sometime on that weekend) and then I'm signed up for a half in August. It'll be interesting to see how/if I've improved since I've done one of each.

• Marathon Peach Legend 391 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    12. Jun 22, 2008 5:15 PM (in response to badgergrl)

U.S. Transplant Games - 5K, 1500 m run, 800 m, 400 m and 200

July 11-16th

Terri - 20 Year Liver Transplant Survivor

2007 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

• RunnerWags Legend 624 posts since
    Oct 16, 2007
    14. Jun 22, 2008 5:37 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Back to Baltimore in the militarized zone (Druid Hill Park).  This time the Dreaded Druid Hills 10K.  It makes the Baltimore 10 look like child's play.  Great, non-fancy course... yet **** just the same.  I'm not taking off like a bat out of **** this time AND I'm getting some sleep the night before.  Tough thing is that I probably should run another 5 right after the race.  We'll see.

1 2 3 ... 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...