Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1023 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2008 6:19 AM by LMB22
flyingdog Rookie 4 posts since
Jun 16, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2008 3:13 PM

I run 6 miles, as fast as I can, before 0600 am.

For some reason, I feel energized the rest of the day.:8}

• IRIE123 Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 7, 2007
    1. Jun 18, 2008 4:33 PM (in response to flyingdog)
    Re: I run 6 miles, as fast as I can, before 0600 am.

that's because your endorphines are pumping!!

• Kim Runs Pro 71 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    2. Jun 19, 2008 10:41 AM (in response to IRIE123)

I wish i had that liberty. Running in the dark down here in Florida (or any where for that matter) is a sure ticket to be a sitting duck to be get mugged, raped, or killed. Under the cover of darkness guys can do a lot more damage to a naive runner who runs in the dark than during daylight. BE CAREFUL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A healthy mom is an alive mom and my kids need their mama ALIVE!
  • Radar Runner Amateur 11 posts since
    Jun 20, 2008
    3. Jun 21, 2008 8:48 PM (in response to flyingdog)

If this is something thay ou are worried about running in the dark of night my suggestion to you would be to carry something. Obviously it is a sad state that you have to do something like that but it is the unforunate reality that we runners face. Since you are running I'd recommend some type of pepper spray, or if for some reason you are worried about more than one perk, purchase taser. They have personal tasers that are not lethal and you can run away from them when you taze them. Honestly just the sound of that can scare away a purp, 950,000 volts is something they do not normally want to mess around with.

Reguards.

• Kim Runs Pro 71 posts since
    May 1, 2008
    4. Jun 23, 2008 10:03 AM (in response to Radar Runner)

Cranky! and i thought it was the shoes that were going to put me out triple digits. My, my how times have changed. I checked out a few tasers (thanks for the tip) and i am thrilled to know i can buy a Taser C2 that fires up to 15 feet from me (thank goodness i don't have to wait until the predator is on me) and it will penetrate through 2 inches of clothes. I think i will display it on a magazine belt like Rambo wears just in case anyone gets fresh. That ought to look awesome, little Soldier Kim fully loaded with her "piece" running down a nice tranquil running path through the beautiful neighborhoods of Florida. 

Sorry for getting off the original discussion thread, got carried away. Happy running all!

A healthy mom is an alive mom and my kids need their mama ALIVE!
  • LMB22 Rookie 20 posts since
    May 11, 2008
    5. Jun 25, 2008 6:19 AM (in response to Kim Runs)

Keep in mind - Tasers are illegal in some states!  Check with your local PD before buying one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...